“We always stay at Ventura Motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ventura Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ludington
Ventura Motel
You added Ventura Motel to your Saves list
604 W. Ludington Avenue, Ludington, MI 49431   |
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Ludington
Charlotte, Michigan
“We always stay at Ventura Motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

We have been staying at the Ventura Motel in Ludington for years for our vacations. It is very clean and quiet. The owners are very kind and courteous. It is in a great location, close enough to walk to the beach, walk two blocks to the heart of the city. I don't need a motel with a pool with the beach so close...it is a motel that you will want to keep staying at if you like a quiet location and friendly place to stay.
Kim - Charlotte MI

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Farmington Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I only spent one night here. It was okay, nothing fancy.It provided a comfortable nite sleep and it was okay. They did have coffee in the morning but that was all. Staff was pleasant to me. I would recommend only for a quick stop on way up further north.

two. It was t

• Stayed August 2014
Barrie,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We are a group of 4 cyclists who like a motel where you can drive right to the door and then park your bikes inside. The rooms were very clean and large. The price at $55 was right. You could walk to the downtown strip or the restaurant a couple of blocks away. We were one mile from the ferry which made it easy to get there for the 8:30 a.m. departure. This motel is basic, no pool, no hairdryer, no breakfast - just coffee - but a good place to rest your head while travelling through Ludington.

Room Tip: No smoking on the ground floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this motel for two nights because I was in a wedding here in Ludington. Upon checking in, the owner immediately started treating me with disrespect. I told her there would be 2 of us staying in the room and she looked at me with disgust (it was my friend-a girl- and myself sharing the room to save on cost) I also had to tell her how much change to give me back because she could subtract very well.

I walk into the room and I was shocked! The smell was unbearably horrible, most of the windows were screwed shut and the ones that I could open only opened about 3 inches. The entire room was completely out dated. I got electrocuted twice trying to turn on one of the lamps. My alarm clock wasn't even on.

I could not believe the service here. Throughout my stay every time I would come out/in my room one of the family members would be outside just standing there staring at me like I was some kind of criminal (very uncomfortable)

Upon check out I was yelled at because we had an extra person stay in our room because they were to intoxicated to drive home. The owner yelled at me and threatened me saying he has security cameras and he saw that I had 5 extra people in my room (completely untrue) I didn't even argue with them I calmly said I was sorry and I didn't know I wasn't suppose to have any extra guests. They said that I owed them $20 more dollars and if I tried to leave that they would catch me (keep in mind I have only said a few words and I wasn't even arguing with them)

Needless to say, do not go here! You will get the worst room in the whole town along with the worst service. I wish I had read some reviews before wasting my money here.

• Stayed September 2013
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Air conditioner was very loud not where I would want to spend any length of time at. Would stay some place else next time.The only thing this place has going for it is the location for it is on the main street and easy to find.

Room Tip: We probable would not stay there again. It was on the main drag of town so was easy to find
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Chilton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a very nice family run motel. No frills but very clean and in an excellent location, walking distance to the beach and downtown. t's a little far from the ferry but they provide a shuttle service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Just spent a night here at the Ventura Motel. It's an older style Mom and Pop type of motel that is located extremely well for exploring Ludington. It's nothing fancy, certainly not trendy, could maybe use a little paint here and there, but it's a clean, friendly, place that offers an ambience that you seldom find at a chain motel, and it will cost you possibly 30% to 50% less than the chains. . We did experience a little outside noise from friendly fellow travelers that had congregated outside of their rooms to visit in a relaxed atmosphere, but turning on the A/C blower provided an amount of "white noise" to help counteract the external noise.
It's too bad that the motel doesn't have space to provide a "community courtyard" area to be used by patrons to socialize a little further away from the rooms, as I have found those areas to be very enjoyable to banter with other guests, and it adds to the fun, overall feel of a place like this, but it appears that there is no space available to do that without reducing the size of the parking lot, and that would certainly create complaints, I'm sure.

Verdict: Clean, reasonably priced, and in a great location. What else does one really need?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ventura Motel? Share your experiences!