“Consistent quality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Lakewinds

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Lakewinds to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Lakewinds
5005 West US Highway 10, Ludington, MI 49431 (Formerly Best Western Splash Park Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Ludington
New Hudson, Michigan, United States
“Consistent quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Due to work, I'm a weekly guest at Best Western Splash Park Inn. I find the staff very helpful each time I'm there. The facility is clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ilovebwlud, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lakewinds, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Daniel B,
Thank you for choosing Best Western Splash Park Inn to be your hotel choice every week. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel.

396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed here since my cousins already had reservations there. This hotel is great for families since the pool is in an indoor atrium area. Great for the harsh winter days of Northern Michigan. Some of the rooms do not face the pool area and that might be great for folks who want quiet. The double Queen room I was in was great and having the vanity separate from the bathroom was nice.
The Breakfast area was a little tight. They did have 2 rooms that you could eat in along with the lobby area. My criticism was fly issues. Need to get some Venus fly trap plants. There is a ferry to Manitowoc, WI across Lake Michigan that will save you alot of driving time. Ferry only runs from spring to early fall.
Folks with physical issues, beware this 2 story hotel has no elevator.
I was surprised to see a Big Boy restaurant still around down the street from the hotel. That is a good affordable dining place. Will recommend for families.

Room Tip: If you do not want the pool outside your room door, ask for a room in the back of the house.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ilovebwlud, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lakewinds, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear penguinlimo,
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Splash Park Inn. We appreciate your time to write this, and letting us know some of the areas we can improve upon so that we can make further guests more comfortable and relaxed here. We do have 47 ground level rooms for our physically disabled guests and are trying to get an elevator to make the second floor more convenient as well. We hope you choose to stay with us again.
DeWitt, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We celebrated our quadruplet grandchildren's 5th birthday with a 2 night stay at this Best Western. We have stayed here several times before, usually once a year. We have seen lots of improvements recently. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean. Any requests we had - were attended to right away. The water slide, pool and hot tub are a big hit with the family! The pool staff (Chelsea) was very friendly and if I owned a business - would hire her! The woman who does the breakfast bar is amazing! Nice selections of food and love the new dining rooms away from the pool! When breakfast is done - she cleans the whole place! Front desk could use more knowledgeable staff, but they were friendly at check in.

Room Tip: No elevator - so if that is a problem, stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ilovebwlud, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lakewinds, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Grammy2_5kids,
Thank for staying with us at the Best Western Splash Park Inn. We are glad to hear that you and your grandchildren had an enjoyable time here. We have even more new improvements now! We have a brand new hot tub, new door locks and 40" flat screen televisions. We hope that you and your family stay with us again soon so we can show you all of these great new additions!
South Bend, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Beware - There is no elevator in this hotel! You will need to lug your luggage/coolers, etc., up a steep flight of stairs - the door swings out toward you. Not convenient. Far end of parking lot was very dark on the night we stayed here. The young girl at the front desk had to finish her conversation (personal) with another employee before acknowledging that I was at the front desk. The jacuzzi tub in our room - well we never did figure out how to turn the thing on - no switches or buttons anywhere - no instructions - nothing - became just a big bath tub. The room itself was of good size and clean. Not sure that I would waste my money on this place again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I travel all over US, Canada, and Europe all year for business. In the US, I only stay at one Best Western and that is in Manchester NH. I have found a lot of the chain to be hit or miss but the new ranking system definitely helps sort them out better. Also keep in mind with my business travels, we are staying at premium hotels in big cities so comparing this one in Ludington is best done in and of itself. I decided to use points for the first time to book a room at the Ludington Best Western Splash Park. Actually our family wanted to camp and this particular weekend the camp sites in the area were fully booked. We camped 2 days at Silver Lake and then spent the balance of the weekend at this Best Western. I get so many surveys from all the car rental, hotels and airlines from my travels, I mostly delete them because my time is limited, so for me to make the effort to comment is a true statement how much I liked my stay here. We booked a suite and it was absolutely perfect for my wife, daughter, friend and I. The kitchen was stocked with appropriate cooking items and we actually cooked one meal there. The site offered a gas grill and charcoal grill options. We cooked some steaks on the gas grill, it was clean and actually had propane. This area was not picturesque but very safe and the 4 Kayaks we left on the roof of our van nightly had no issues. The location itself is not really near anything and 2 miles from the beach/lighthouse. For the value I did not mind a short drive to downtown Ludington or 10-15 minutes to Manistee National Park. The immediate location had a few restaurants, a dairy queen .5 miles away and a Wal-Mart .10 miles across the street. The guests were other vacationers, fisherman and a few families with kids. The pool was clean and the slide was ok for the kids. Breakfast was enough to get something in your stomach for the start of the day nothing special or grand but it did the trick. A standard continental breakfast. You can tell the place was kept nice and next time we would bring our dogs since it is a dog friendly hotel. I saw at least 4-5 people with pets and never heard problem one the whole time we were there. Having two TV’s in the suite was great as well. I watched the Tigers game in the living room enjoying a beer one night and my daughter and friend watched their shows in the bedroom. Dual sinks helped in getting ready to go out and the bathroom and shower was similar to other chain hotels. The staff at check in was great and pointed out a few things to do in the area. They gave me a map directing me to those places including kayaking options. All in all if I went back to the area for leisure I would definitely stay at this Best Western again.

Room Tip: If you do not like the activity of the indoor pool get something without a door or window facing the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Trvlexp1,
Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review for us. The entire staff here at the Best Western Splash Park Inn works very hard to try to create a safe, comfortable and clean environment for our guests to relax in. We hope you come back and stay with us again!
Lake Orion, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My only complaint was no elevator to get to the second floor. Yes, I know it is trivial to some, but I hate making 4 to 5 trips upstairs. The room was clean, bed super comfortable. The breakfast was good and the 2 adjoining rooms were great as the main area was really HOT. This is our second stay, will stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lund248,
We are glad to hear you plan on returning to the Best Western Splash Park Inn again. We will be happy to put you in one of our 47 first floor rooms, you may request one of these upon making your reservation or check in! We hope to have you return to our hotel soon.
Saginaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Just completed a five month stay at the Best Western, Ludington, Michigan. When a person stays at the same hotel for an extended period of time, he/she has the opportunity to experience the hotel on good days and bad days. My experience at the Best Western was very good. Beginning each morning with the continental breakfast and ending each night in a clean and fresh room. This was a business related stay so the ability to access WiFi and set up an office within my room was easy and comfortable. This is an excellent choice for business or pleasure because I had family and friends visit and we enjoyed the many vacation options offered by the hotel as well; pool, hot-tub, fitness room and waterslide. Finally, this hotel is run by a friendly, helpful and caring staff, from top to bottom, they were all exceptional.

Room Tip: Second floor, in the south end is suggested for business travelers. It is quieter in that wing becau...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Robert Y,
We are so glad that you chose the Best Western Splash Park Inn for your extended business stay. We have recently updated many things around the hotel including our door locks, putting in 40" flat screen televisions in every room and even putting in a brand new hot tub. We hope you choose us again when you are in Ludington, whether it is for business again or pleasure this time!

Been to BEST WESTERN Lakewinds? Share your experiences!