“Great Urban Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19300 Haggerty Road, Livonia, MI 48152 (Formerly "AmeriSuites Detroit / Livonia")   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$20 Food & Bev Credit
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Livonia
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Great Urban Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel lives up to the high standards of Hyatt, offering classy lodging at a very reasonable price. It is within walking distance of 3 great restaurants, shopping, & also offers room service 24/7. While in the middle of a busy urban area, this hotel is remarkably quiet & a great place to unwind after a busy day or week.

Room Tip: I always choose the top floor- no footsteps overhead.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Grafton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

First time staying at a Hyatt. Very nice and friendly staff. Rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good and the indoor pool was warm, which my husband didn't like, but I loved! Easy check-in and check-out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Loved the front desk staff at this location. While the staff is very pleasant and friendly, the hotel looks worn. Including the linens on the bed (the comforter stuffing was flat and the sheets not white), towels (worn, scratchy not very pleasant), walls (some paint is needed) and doors. I was also disappointed that the bathroom shower and toilet were discolored (looked dirty). Finally, I stayed 2 nights. While my room was "freshened" (I assume this since the bed was made and the towels replenished), there is no way the shower was cleaned as it still had some of the pink shower gel that I had accidentally spilled in the shower that morning. It is really a shame- no renovation needed just generally upkeep with fresh paint, more concern with cleaning and linens need to be replaced when they get old and grey.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We really like the Hyatt Place layouts. The rooms are awesome if you have kids, since they are larger than your typical (2) queen rooms. The staff was very nice and helpful. There was a nice selection for the free breakfast, and it was well stocked. Overall, we would stay here again, but the property needs a makeover, as the rooms are looking well used.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was in town for a business trip and decided to stay at Hyatt Place after the locals suggested another chain. I have stayed at other Hyatt Places before and wanted to stick with something I knew and liked after being disappointed on my last trip (at a different hotel brand).

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fine and they have a pretty good variety for you to select from. Juices, bread for toast, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal and some egg sandwiches too. My only complaint was the gym being too small and really didn't offer much other than a bike and treadmill. However, I would definitely go back should I return to the area again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The thing I love about Hyatt Place hotels is that they are consistent no matter which one you stay at. Same look and feel, easy to maneuver around in, etc. The front desk person was fantastic. We had a bunch of gift cards so they recommended we drop those off the next morning as we had breakfast as it can take a little extra time to get those through their system. She didn't want us to have to wait at check out. The breakfast (included) was very good as well. We went down for a Red Sox/Tigers game so we weren't too far away (20 minutes or so). Comfortable bed as well. The only negative was that the TV remote didn't want to work well. I'll stay there again.

Room Tip: if you have gift cards, leave them with the front desk person when you come down for breakfast; then...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I am on day two of my week long stay and had to take a moment to thank the manager, John, for making my stay even more comfortable.

My family and I are in town for the AAU Junior Olympics and had a really hard time finding hotel accommodations for the week. Thank God there was a Hyatt Place in the area with availability. There was only one problem ... I had to split our weeklong hotel stay into two different reservations under two different room types. And to my dismay, we had to switch rooms on the very day of my son's meet! Talk about stress! We would have to pack up everything, check into a new room, and make it to the meet check-in all before 9AM!

Luckily, all it took was one conversation with John. Understanding that the hotel was booked to capacity, my request was that we switch rooms the day after his first meet. Afterall, we would be free that day. But, John went that extra mile to ensure that we would not have to switch rooms at all.

Thanx, John, for ensuring that the only thing we'll have to worry about is our son running his race. You're the best!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia? Share your experiences!