“Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia...would come back.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia

You added Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19300 Haggerty Road, Livonia, MI 48152 (Formerly "AmeriSuites Detroit / Livonia")   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Livonia
Wellsville, MIssouri
“Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia...would come back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I really liked this hotel. My husband and I stayed three nights and absolutely loved it. The breakfast was good, a lot of variety, and they did restock after they ran out (despite what others have said). The rooms were nice and very clean. The staff was beyond helpful and extremely friendly. It snowed all three days we were there and they had the parking lot cleaned very well each day, plus it always seemed like there was someone trying to mop the floor up to keep the floor from having that salt foot print stuff. Very good neighborhood also. We liked this hotel so much that on our way home, we decided to book another Hyatt Place in Chicago. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family, and we will be coming back.

• Stayed December 2012

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Agree that heater is a bit noisy. Beds are comfortable. Yes the breakfast buffet is above average. Very good location. It could have offered a small microwave. Good service and staff. We would stay at this facility again.

• Stayed December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

In short, I travel a lot, so I have to break down the ratings: The GOOD: 1. The staff was very nice, very helpful and kind, 2. the location, very close to great food choices and work. The BAD: 1, the rooms are very dated, appears worn, old/bad beds and pillows, need to be redone. 2. Noisy. The room heat/air loud woke me up every night, the street traffic - both side of the building, and some mechanical room, also the refrigerator is defrosting all night..loud. Oddly, I stayed in room 203 for 4 days and my flight was cancelled, so I came back and stayed in room 309 - both loud and noisy :(

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you can hear...lol. All rooms very loud...I stay in two of them.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank spaboy12345
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I travel quite a bit for work and was using hyatt points for a majority my 2 week stay in Michigan. We started off by staying a week at the Hampton Inn on Loop Drive in Commerce. I will review that also but we wished we would have stayed at the Hampton. It is about a 10 minute drive from this hotel but I would highly recommend (and I'm not a huge fan of Hamptons overall for it's totally unbiased). I had 9 days worth of Hyatt Points to use so we spend our second half of the trip at the Hyatt Livonia as it was closer to our family in Ann Arbor.

We were very surprised/dissapointed by many things in this hotel. It is not a hyatt caliber hotel. If I would have paid for this room, I would have checked out immeditely upon check in and went back to the Hampton. I would not have spend the money for this hotel. It was the quality of a motel 6. The hotel is in disarray, you can tell that there is a lack of interest in maintaining and up keep from the top down. The hotel was dirty, the staff only vacuumed our room once during the 8 days we were there and we had to request it. We didn't hear them vaccuuming any other rooms either not even where guests checked out (only the hallway every few days). We needed to formally request for sheets to be changed even though we placed the card on the bed. Even then, we could only get them to change them once. Housekeeping works until after 6 pm everyday and we didn't want them in the room without us there. It really didn't matter though, since they seemed very aware of when we left and arrived to our room, it made me a little uncomfortable. We saw the housekeeping staff a lot but it was only because their break room was right next to our room. they were very dilligent in getting food from the gallery, smoking, and talking amongst themselves but not very dilligent in....well....cleaning. Some leaves had blown into the hallway, right outside of their breakroom, and remained there for 4 days.

No one here seems to be aware of how a hotel should run, or of Hyatts own policies. Many of the staff can't answer simple questions like where is the printer. You get answers like, "I'm new" or "i'm not sure". And not with a follow up, "let me find out for you".

The pool is dirty, cloudy, and cold. My kids, who normally live in the pool, only visited the pool once and lasted 5 minutes.

the breakfast was very lackluster and 90 percent of the dished were notably dirty. I mean, old food caked on them. You have to go through litterally 9 bowls to find 1 clean one. If this is what we can see, I would hate to think about the things that we didn't see. Many quests were commenting but no one seemed to care at this Hyatt. The breakfast was burnt.

There was old food, from another guest, under our fold out bed. the floors in the elevator are cracked and broken. This hotel looks very run down and it is obvious that no one takes any pride in. I felt like they do the absolute minimum that they can get away with so that they make the max dollar off each guest. Of course, we know that this is usually the case in business, but it is very obvious here. This experience has made me reconsider using hyatt for all my business travel. I wouldn't want another vacation experience like this for my family so I think I better reconsider which loyalty plan/chain I use so that when it's time to benefit, I actually want to use it.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel. We tried the Hampton Inn on Loop Drive in Commerce/Walled Lake and it was exce...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 3lildivas
North Olmsted, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I was very impressed with the room. it was quite spacious, had two double beds, a large desk with a chair, two sinks, a fridge and an L shaped 4 seater sofa. i am not sure if this is the size of all rooms or if I was given a suite. This is the largest room I have ever stayed in, in a hotel

The rooms were well presented, clean, had granite worktops around the sinks and were generally pleasant.

With my expectations raised, i was disappointed with the bathroom. It was clean and had nothing wrong with it but it seemed more like the bathroom of a budget hotel and was not in keeping with the rest of the room. It was a bit small and a bit plain.

The staff were very pleasant, friendly and helpful. I thought this was better than most other places i have been to.

The breakfast was scrumptious, had a good variety and the room where it was served was also quite nice, albeit a bit small.

I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I already stayed at the Hyatt Place for the second time during a business trip to Detroit. I like the location as many restaurants are nearby to get something to eat in the evenings.

Also the in house bar offers some food. The salads are good and reasonable priced. The breakfast is included and I like it.

The rooms are big and you get a small kitchen, a huge sofa and two queen size beds, a desk to work on in the evenings.

The rooms service could have been a little more accurate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels over the years and this was one of the best stays I have had. Fantastic rooms and great breakfast in the morning. The staff was awesome and the location was great! I have nothing bad to say about this place and would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livonia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Livonia
Comfort Inn Livonia
Comfort Inn Livonia
#4 of 14 in Livonia
4.0 of 5 stars 120 reviews

Been to Hyatt Place Detroit/Livonia? Share your experiences!