“Bare bones but not too bad, a number of negatives and one positive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Livonia
East Peoria, Illinois
“Bare bones but not too bad, a number of negatives and one positive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Two of us were in the Detroit for business and stayed at the Crossland, Livonia for two nights. Checking in was painful. Thank goodness we were the only ones checking in at the time. Even though we had reservations the process took about 15 minutes. I was assigned a room close to the office my compatriot was assigned a room on the second floor and came down at once informing the office staff that the room was not ready and had not been cleaned from the previous guest. After some consultation he was assigned another room that was ready. The downside of this room is that the phone never worked for the two days we were there. This made it impossible to communicate with each other regarding plans. On the positive side; when I got home I found that I had left my special alarm clock in the room. I called the next day and asked if it had been turned in by housekeeping. Yes it had. I asked if they could send it to me at my expense and the manager said they would.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.
We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've been staying at this Crossland location for a very long time because it is extremely convenient and within walking distance of literally hundreds of stores, restaurants and other attractions. It is within half a mile of Wonderland Village, a shopping center that used to be an enclosed mall but now is a nice strip shopping center with everything you could ever need. The staff at this location (Keisha, Kenya, Cory, Ashton at the front desk -- and pretty much everyone from housekeeping to maintenance supporting -- are generally pleasant and helpful in a way that most business cannot consistently achieve. -Pat

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I wanted to personally respond to your recent review. Thank you very much for your very kind words. It's rewarding to hear our staff is consistently delivering on our committment to exceptional guest service. I'm happy to hear you are pleased with the location of the hotel as well. I agree that the new restaurants, etc within walking distance is a great addition to the area. Thank you again for staying with us.
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I enjoyed my stay. Staff was very nice and courteous especially one woman named Kendra. She was very helpful and accommodating. Good personality. She made me feel welcomed and thank me for choosing Crossland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. At Extended Stay Hotels, we strive to create memorable guest experiences. We want you to feel like our hotel is a home away from home so it is wonderful to hear we delivered on that for you. Thank you for your business.
Livonia, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

the staff is very courtious the rooms are clean if you need any tip on were to eat or things to do just ask lots of stores and resturants near use the kroger to the south dominos service is very fast the price for the room are very economical and are good for long term stays

Room Tip: get a room in the back
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your posting. It's great to hear our location and the surrounding area worked out so well for you. I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Thank you for staying with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Kenya is always willing to make your stay relaxing. Alway very courtious and helpful.Willing to go above and beyond to make your stay great.She has the ability to help grow the company and make it very sucessful.

Room Tip: I would recomend this Extended Stay to any one for a long term stay,
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. It's wonderful to hear Kenya made your stay all that more comfortable. We appreciate your business and thank you so much for staying with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This Extended Stay Hotel has Excellent Staff and Housekeeping. The rates are good and the rooms have kitchens in them. The Refrigerator's are small. The Rooms are very Clean which reflects well on the Management and Housekeeping. There is no Pool or Resturant. But located close to stores and resturants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I appreciate you posting this review. It's always great to hear from our guests. Thank you for your business. I'm happy to hear the staff, location and rooms worked out for you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Kenya and Ashton are usually the representatives that I normally deal with. They are friendly, helpful and professional. I have been here about 2 years. The prices for the room are very economical and are good for long-term stays. There are locations that are much closer to the company location where I do business with, but they are much more expensive than Crossland and seem to cater toward the larger big business accounts. They did not seem to be as friendly toward me like the people at Crossland. The location is great! You don't have to drive far to get to a grocery store, eating places, drug stores etc. Another good thing is that when I go home and am away more than a week, they set-up my credit card to pay for my room so I don't miss a payment. That is very convenient. I appreciate the staff and what they.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Once again, thanks for all of your kind words.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Detroit - Livonia? Share your experiences!