“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Livonia
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   36655 Plymouth Road/I-96, Livonia, MI 48150   |
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Livonia
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

I chose this hotel for the sole purpose that it was cheap, so I really can't complain too much about the accomodations. Still, it was lacking in several areas. I had the do not disturb sign up when they were cleaning, so the maids just tied a bad of towels and coffee around my door handle. Since the smoking ban went into effect, the most enjoyment I got out of it was conversing with other guests smoking out front of the hotel. The night front desk man was extremely rude; a friend and I were told we could not be in the lobby at night, we had to go outside or up to the room. You must go through the lobby and up the elevator to get to your room, so you have to pass the front desk guy coming back at night. I was there for the purpose of attending Movement 2010 in Detroit, and when I got back to the hotel around 5 in the morning, he seemed annoyed they we were distracting him from reading a book. Trying to get a juice, he asked us if we needed anything and then stared us down before telling us to leave the lobby. Also, the "fitness center" is a joke, just a few treadmills, no weights or anything. The price was good for those on a tight budget, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

Just finished a one week stay and I have been very satisfied.

The room was clean and housekeeping service was excellent. The front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. The fitness center was an added bonus as the room rate was only $43/day all inclusive!

I

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

This was the second time I had stayed at this particular hotel. My first stay hadn't been terrible, though I was in a very secluded part of the hotel, which probably helped. On my second stay, the room I was in was on the third floor, right next to the elevator, and near an ice machine. The walls of this hotel are paper thin, and I could hear everything, including the loud ice machine, which was operated by someone at all hours of the day an night. I barely slept at all due to the noises of this hotel. The room itself wasn't very clean either, and it looked as though no one had ever vacuumed under the bed or behind anything. The people at the front desk hardly ever acknowledge me as I came and went during my week long stay here, and I had to have the keys remade 3 times during my stay. The hotel is also right next to a skating rink, where there seemed to be a lot of problems in the parking lot among the young people. The elevator scared me every time I got on it, and there were no stairs for regular use, as they were marked for fire exits only. I will not stay at this hotel again, nor will I recommend it to anyone. I have switch my hotel preferences to one that is closer to the interstate and only $10 more a night.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

The exterior of the property isn't appealing, but the room was spacious, clean and quiet. TV and shower were excellent. Bedding and towels looked almost new. Mattress was extremely hard, however. The fitness center didn't amount to much. Of the three front-desk employees I encountered, one was extremely courteous; another was too busy with his cell phone to be bothered; and the third was OK.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
pltt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

This is absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed at, for
$51 it is a bargain price, but worth the extra money to go
somewhere else.
A good indication this was not going to be a good stay was
when I called the man was very snide & rude, I called 4 times
in the day before someone finally answered, when I went
to check in, no one was around I had to go looking for
someone, the guy was sitting down with another guy chatting away, oblivious to the fact there was a customer, had an
attitude like I was bothering him, I should have left.
The hotel is nasty, run down hallways, I went to my room
and there was garbage in the halls, the bed and room was
spacious, but rundown furniture,lights peeling etc...
I would NEVER stay there again! the rude employess
were the worst I have seen at an establishment in a long time.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

I have called the front desk for almost half hour to know about some directions,no body responded so i came all the way from the 4th floor to ask them about the directions. There were two girls behind the front desk.One girl is doing eye lashes to the other girl.They were not answering the phone calls and talking,laughing,text messaging.It is just unproffessional.I never go to that hotel again.

• Stayed August 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

***This place is the best motel/hotel deal in town!***
Okay, after experiencing the terrible Royal Motor Inn and Gemini Motel the night before (see their reviews), I found this nice hotel and was told it was $40 for one person per night so I checked in. I was hesitant at first because I was used to being able to park in front of my room up till now and have easy access to my car and the items in it but it was WELL worth that small inconvenience. It has a huge king-size bed, is an immaculately clean room thanks to the delightful employee Angel and her crew, all-day coffee, complimentary continental breakfast--cereals, juice, danish, toast, muffins, etc, and a little room to the side where you can take your food and drink and read the daily papers they provide, the young night clerks are as friendly and pleasant as can be. There is plenty of parking, Internet service included, washer and dryer on site, a business conference room, computer available in the lobby if you didn't bring your own, close to everything in Livonia, easy freeway access, did I leave anything out?? Oh yeah, microwave and frig in the rooms (new ones, not old beat-up looking ones), a table and chairs, large TV with cable, a coffee pot, hair dryer, and plenty of linens. I encountered a guy who said he has been coming here for a week's stay every year for 20 years. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit. I am on the 4th floor--no problem with the elevator. The only disadvantage is the smoke smell does drift in from other rooms or floors (this is supposed to be an all non-smoking floor) but that happens everywhere I have found. The Quality Inn down the road looked nice but was $20 more per night so I'll stick with this place. They also have weekly and monthly rates but those customers stay in a separate building owned by the same people (used to be the motel next door). So if you are looking for a great motel with great service I highly recommend this place! Happy travelling!!

• Liked — Clean, Spacious, Helpful staff, convenient location, great price!
  • Disliked — Some smoke smell leaked into the non-smoking room, carpet had some pet hairs even after vacuuming (housekeeper tried and apologized).
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Livonia? Share your experiences!