“Paper-thin walls..” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 14 hotels in Livonia
Brookston
“Paper-thin walls..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Nice rooms, reasonably clean, comfortable beds.. I say this is just a place to stay, as that is what it is exactly. Being a traveler like myself, I need a good sleep and that is what I intended on getting upon arrival. If you plan on sleeping, beware as the neighbors in the room next to you may be loud and boisterous, or could have a crying baby or screaming children. You can hear through the walls, the other parties conversations or quirks. Management in this hotel are very rude, they do not have the knowledge of how to treat their guests. Would I stay here again? NO!

Room Tip: No advice..
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

This is a nice basic hotel with all the amenities you need - good beds, tv, fridge, microwave... The breakfast is good and plentiful and the staff are friendly. If you're looking for an 'experience' this isn't the hotel for you but if you're looking for a comfortable place to stay at a good price then I can recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Manchester, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I was also attacked by a maid on the elevator (that takes 20 minutes per floor). The keys never work and they charged me $40 per night pet fee. Every staff member chased me down to verify I had paid the pet deposit and two seperate hotel clerks asked me if I would buy drugs. It was DIRTY. The pillows were nice, if I hadn't already packed up by the time I was attacked by the maid I would have stolen them.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

I chose this hotel for the sole purpose that it was cheap, so I really can't complain too much about the accomodations. Still, it was lacking in several areas. I had the do not disturb sign up when they were cleaning, so the maids just tied a bad of towels and coffee around my door handle. Since the smoking ban went into effect, the most enjoyment I got out of it was conversing with other guests smoking out front of the hotel. The night front desk man was extremely rude; a friend and I were told we could not be in the lobby at night, we had to go outside or up to the room. You must go through the lobby and up the elevator to get to your room, so you have to pass the front desk guy coming back at night. I was there for the purpose of attending Movement 2010 in Detroit, and when I got back to the hotel around 5 in the morning, he seemed annoyed they we were distracting him from reading a book. Trying to get a juice, he asked us if we needed anything and then stared us down before telling us to leave the lobby. Also, the "fitness center" is a joke, just a few treadmills, no weights or anything. The price was good for those on a tight budget, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

Just finished a one week stay and I have been very satisfied.

The room was clean and housekeeping service was excellent. The front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. The fitness center was an added bonus as the room rate was only $43/day all inclusive!

I

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

This was the second time I had stayed at this particular hotel. My first stay hadn't been terrible, though I was in a very secluded part of the hotel, which probably helped. On my second stay, the room I was in was on the third floor, right next to the elevator, and near an ice machine. The walls of this hotel are paper thin, and I could hear everything, including the loud ice machine, which was operated by someone at all hours of the day an night. I barely slept at all due to the noises of this hotel. The room itself wasn't very clean either, and it looked as though no one had ever vacuumed under the bed or behind anything. The people at the front desk hardly ever acknowledge me as I came and went during my week long stay here, and I had to have the keys remade 3 times during my stay. The hotel is also right next to a skating rink, where there seemed to be a lot of problems in the parking lot among the young people. The elevator scared me every time I got on it, and there were no stairs for regular use, as they were marked for fire exits only. I will not stay at this hotel again, nor will I recommend it to anyone. I have switch my hotel preferences to one that is closer to the interstate and only $10 more a night.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

The exterior of the property isn't appealing, but the room was spacious, clean and quiet. TV and shower were excellent. Bedding and towels looked almost new. Mattress was extremely hard, however. The fitness center didn't amount to much. Of the three front-desk employees I encountered, one was extremely courteous; another was too busy with his cell phone to be bothered; and the third was OK.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn Livonia? Share your experiences!