“Embassy Suites was like a second home” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast & Wi-fi Package
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Livonia
GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Embassy Suites was like a second home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was everything and more for all of our dietary needs. Cooked to order breakfasts were great! Room was neat, arranged nicely and bathroom was clean and spacious.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Plainville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our family of four stayed here as part of a 50th anniversary celebration/reunion that was happening at the hotel. Even though we made reservations several months in advance, they had no rooms with two queens; I don't know if they have any, or just very few that were already reserved. The pull-out sofa was at most a double, and was uncomfortable to sleep on. My husband felt the room seemed in need of updating. On the upside, it was nice to have two completely separate areas (separated by a door). And they stock the fridge with two FREE bottles of water, and you can get additional bottles by asking at the front desk.

I thought the hotel atrium area was very nice; although some people have commented that the waterfall and running streams make it humid, I thought it was very nice.

The breakfast was pretty good; they have a made-to-order omelette station (I thought a little on the greasy side, but others disagreed) as well as hot items like bacon, french toast (not great), pancakes, and scrambled eggs.

It's worth noting that the hotel is in the middle of a business park; it seemed like forever to get to any main road. On the weekend, the place was filled with at least two other large reunion gatherings, but on the weekdays (we were there 4 nights), it seemed to be mostly business travelers.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 5 days, I travel on average 18 weeks a year. Day 1 no sanitizer wipes I reported it to the front desk. The young lady said ok thanks... Next day the same..3rd day I explained to a woman who appeared to have authority. She said she had gotten many requests for them they must have run out.... I just walked away and worked out. She approached me and said she was looking into it for me. My thoughts were "your looking into it for yourself, this is your hotel and you would want guests to have clean facilities to work out. 2nd day I approached the food bar area and a waitress looked me right in my face and said nothing. The cook in the back saw me and asked how I could be helped. The lady walked right pass me as she catered to 2 women dining in the open seating area. Dogs barking where I had to call down stairs...15 min was bearable 35 min was a bit too much. Day 4 I called the front desk to request my linen to be changed out. When I returned that evening around 9 PM they just tightened the sheets. I know this because I sprinkled pepper to make sure my request was addressed. I watched the attendant change the linen and he started to put the same quilt on the bed? I said to him I wanted it all changed... Made me curious on this hotels linen practices... Do the Change all linen between guests...something to think about!

• Stayed August 2013
Akin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The staff at the hotel is great! I had dinner in Cascades and the food was outstanding. Breakfast was equally as great! I found the hotel clean and the Atrium felt like being in a park setting. I look forward to my next visit to the hotel!

Hermitage, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband chooses this hotel whenever traveling for business near Detroit. It has always provided a better value for the price.

We recently stayed at the Embassy Suites Livonia and found the same value. The hotel is older, but we found it clean. Some carpet seams had come apart, as have wallpaper seams in steamy bathrooms, but the rooms are cleaned well.

We found staff courteous, but better than that, they are friendly. They greeted us each time we came in contact, from the desk clerks to the maintenance staff.

Air conditioning worked well, though moderate weather didn't test its real ability. Noise levels within the hotel remain low, since the atrium style alleviates the echo found in closed hallways. However, the atrium with its waterfall and running stream bring humidity that made even a 70 degree day uncomfortable by mid morning.

Our king-sized bed was harder than we like, but neatly made and clean. Selection of two pillow types satisfied my need for fluffy and my husband's need for firm.

The suite we occupied sided on the highway, making road noise obvious, yet lulling, as it kept constant. Noise from above and next door seemed minimal and did not distract us or disrupt sleep. If my hard-to-please husband can work on business meeting presentations in the room, it's plenty quiet.

The complimentary full breakfast does this restaurant a real service. Hot foods stay fresh, the omelet and waffle station allows for guests to choose toppings in a freshly-made product and the variety should have no one leaving hungry. Staff kept all foods stocked and tables cleaned without fail.

You won't find this the fanciest place in the area, but it has lasted past its period looks and given excellent service.

We aren't repeat customers for nothing.

• Stayed August 2013
huntington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel has become one of my favorites. I really look forward to staying there. From the minute you walk in it is very lavish and beautiful. The rooms are very clean and the staff is so helpful and eager to please. We have been to the resturant and a great time and the service was awesome to. The guests are always fun as well, there seems to be many family gatherings in the area and everyone is so happy and having so much fun together. I also love the spa and pool and the fact that 10 to 12 pm is for adults only makes for a nice relaxing evening. The hotel is very reasonably priced for all offers. Its a all around pleasing experience to stay there.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel needs a complete remodel. I have stayed at Embassy Suites in the past, and have never been this disappointed. Absolutely everything in this place looks old and tired. The TVs in my room looked like they were from the early 90's. It was very hot in MI the day I was there and the room AC was it's lowest setting. Everything was musty and smelled like an old shoe. The atrium reminded me of an old Sid And Marty Kroft theme park. Overall the hotel is not very clean. Until you see some major construction going on there- I'd stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you must stay- the 5th floor on the opposite side of the elevators