“A Surprisingly Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast & Wi-fi Package
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Livonia
Lutherville Timonium
“A Surprisingly Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had a very pleasant experience staying at the Embassy Suites in Livonia for a business workshop I attended for 3 days in April 2013. While some of the furniture had been well loved, most of it was in fantastic shape. The rooms were very clean and the bathrooms wonderfully clean. I loved the spacious rooms with a place to set up my laptop and do a little work, plus there was plenty of room on the bathroom counter to spread out all the hair care and cosmetic products we women often have. ;-)

The room rates were SO reasonable for our event, too. It included free wi-fi, which I loved, and breakfast each morning at the restaurant in the hotel. And the breakfasts were great! It was more than just a "continental breakfast." You actually had a wide variety of choices. You could get eggs, bacon, sausage, a fresh omelette made for you, fruit, pancakes, juice, toast, muffins, bagels, coffee and much more. It was fabulous.

The employees at the hotel were amazing, too. They were friendly, accomodating, personable, cheerful and helpful. From the front desk to the room service to the restaurants, they were all so nice. I especially liked two who stood out: Shealie and Heather. Thank you both for being so sweet! And to all the rest, thank you for making my business trip so enjoyable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting in this area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jamison J, General Manager at Embassy Suites Detroit - Livonia/Novi, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Glad to hear you have a wonderful stay.
Thanks for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The restaurant food was good and the room service was great. I was there for a conference and enjoyed my five day stay. However, when I went to use the business centre the printer did not work. I asked the front desk staff for help and was told to email the staffer the document and the front desk would print it out. Not to be used for any sensitive documents for sure as there's no privacy. Then, when I went to fed ex some paperwork they did not have any boxes and gave me a regional waybill instead of international as I was shipping from the US to Canada. When I filled out the correct waybill the front desk clerk did not know what copy to give me or what the waybill number stickers were for. Luckily, I received my shipment but they had never filled out a courier form before.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you found had a disappointing experience regarding some maintenance issues our business center. Your satisfaction is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so that I may follow-up with our maintenance crew. We are always looking for ways to improve our property and will definitely keep your comments in mind.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
Constantine, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay. Had my family and my daughters friend and we all had a blast. Hotel was a little busy on this Saturday but it is certainly large enough to accomdate the people. The mangers reception of nacho chips, salsa, cheese, dips and rinks was great!! Breakfast with eggs, potatoes, sausage, pancakes, French toast, omelette, bacon, yogurt, fruit, donuts, bagels, muffins, cereals, and juice was OUTSTANDING!! Great place to stay and would defiantly return!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
It is great to hear you had a 1st class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back to visit us again soon!
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am a Diamond level member at Hilton, so I guess I am a little of a snob. I stayed at this property while passing through to our second home in northern Michigan. It was on a Friday night and in mid April. It was snowing outside. So this hotel, attracted a lot of families to get a room and have their darling kids swim in the pool. I had just driven in from Atlanta GA in a storm. All I wanted to do was sleep and get out of there early. All these kids wanted to do was run up and down the inside balconies and scream. So they won. I should of stayed at more of abusiness hotel.

Also, the property needs to be refurbished

Room Tip: A quiet room, I failed
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you were disappointed regarding our hotel being crowed and somewhat noisy. I sincerely apologize if some of the children staying with us were rowdy and disturbed you in any way. Your comfort is our main priority and I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our in-property experience. In the meantime, if I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.
Rehoboth Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are old and dated, musty smell. Keys did not work twice had to keep going back to front desk. Tv remotes both did not work either of the old box tv's. Windows on slising doors were filthy dirty...housekeeping where are you. Desk chair not comfortable..gloried living room chairs with wheels....next time i will select another hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I do understand that there were some issues that you were disappointed while staying with us. I truly apologize if you found our hotel to be dated. I do thank you for bringing the issues you mentioned in your review to my attention. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I assure you that your comments will only help us improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Detroit is not one of my favorite places in the world, but if you must go the Embassy suites Hotel is a great choice. This hotel includes a large room, suite style, very clean and nicely set, gym, restaurant, etc. they provide complementary breakfast (full breakfast) not just continental, and complementary happy hour from 5-10 pm. They also have an indoor pool. The gym could use some additional machines, but it's a good size and has everything you need for a food workout. Lots of restaurants and shopping are closely located to the hotel, including a big mall just a 10 min drive. IT's located by the freeway, which makes it very convenient to get in and out of the hotel and to other areas of Detroit. It is also very quiet, so you'll get a great sleep and the people are wonderful. Very good service.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are spacious and comfortable. we had a group of 16 people and they were all very pl...
Cumming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a sweet hotel. Great for couples or the entire family. All rooms are accessed from open walk-ways within the enclosed central atrium. Tropical theme, plush accomodations, ambient lighting - it is a little escape that is rare and hard to find anytime of year. You are close to excellet restaurants, movies, clubs ect. Easy access to Detroit and western suburbs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Been to Embassy Suites Detroit - Livonia/Novi? Share your experiences!