This hotel has several issues that will keep me from ever staying there again:
1. Youth Sports teams - yes, I understand that the management wants to fill rooms, but this hotel has made it impossible for any other guests to enjoy their stay. They refuse to tell groups that they have to stay in their rooms and not in the halls / atrium. The noise is unbearable with kids running around and their parents are too busy getting drunk to care. The 'security' they bring in is worthless and spend most of their time goofing off or nowhere to be found, and the staff is unwilling to confront the issue.
2. Staff - I think the word I would use is 'unhelpful' bordering on 'rude'. The complete lack of concern from the front desk staff on how their guests are being treated is just terrible. That said, the breakfast staff is very nice and helpful. I think the Food Service Manager should be put in charge of the place just to see if she would do a better job.
3. Managers reception - Disappointing that every night it's stale nacho chips, some dips and a self serve popcorn machine.
4. Parking - Too few spaces near doors, and it's too cold in Michigan to trek across a parking lot.
5. Pool - It's almost like the pool has become a public pool some days. You see people walking in from outside the hotel right to the pool all the time and it's made enjoying the pools impossible.
6. Outdated - Time for a facelift on this property. The furniture is from the 90's and it shows.
Last time I'll stay there... it's just not a 'nice place' anymore.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Detroit - Livonia/Novi Hotel Livonia
- Embassy Suites Detroit - Livonia/Novi Hotel
- Embassy Suites Livonia
- Livonia Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only a short drive from downtown Detroit is the Embassy Suites Detroit-Livonia/Novi hotel, an all-suite hotel with all the comforts of home. Guests unwind in spacious two-room suites featuring a private bedroom and living room. Each suite includes a large dining/work table, two cable televisions, two telephones, wireless Internet access, microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. The hotel offers complimentary full cooked-to-order breakfast in the morning, and complimentary drinks with light snacks at the Manager’s Reception in the evening. The Cascades on-site Restaurant serves lunch and dinner, and Room Service is also available. Guests enjoy recreational activities at the hotel’s fitness center, indoor pool and sauna. Business facilities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary printing service, meeting rooms, audio/visual equipment rental, and banquet facilities. Other amenities at the Livonia hotel include local area shuttle service, laundry service and safe deposit box. Guests of the Embassy Suites Detroit-Livonia/Novi hotel enjoy being near local attractions like Comerica Park, Ford Field, Henry Ford Museum, golf courses and casinos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Olotels, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Venere, Hotels.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Embassy Suites Detroit - Livonia/Novi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.