“showing its age” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16999 South Laurel Park Drive, Livonia, MI 48154-1121 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Laurel Park Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Livonia
Los Angeles, California
“showing its age”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The staff was very nice and the rooms looked like they were very nice several years ago. Everything in them, like the fixtures, was showing its age, but still worked. The pipes were a little noisy when nearby rooms ran the bathtub. Nothing special, but it was "just ok".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I go to my room and things were fine. I went to shave and shower and had no hot water. I shaved and shower with cold warm water. I worked on my proposal on the internet that I needed to complete for an early morning meeting. The internet kept going down. I went to dinner and came back and had to call the office asking what was up with the internet. It would totally go down right in the middle of the work I as trying to do online. This went on until 1:30 in the morning.
I got up and again NO hot water to shave and shower.
I was ready to head to my meeting with just enough time planning with traffic and so on. I go to leave my room and the deadbolt will not let me out. I called the front desk and they sent a man. He had to come through the screen to get in the room and said the lock was broken. I had to jump out the window and throw my bags out. I was of course after all this ordeal LATE for my proposal and lost the account.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My flight was late arriving into DTW and I missed my connection which was the last flight of the evening, so Delta Air Lines picked up the tab for my very first stay with Best Western. I am actually writing this review from the room, so be assured this is based on my current observations.

Good first: the kid at the front desk was friendly, even though he was getting slammed with people who had recently discovered they would be overnighting in this town. He did a good job.

The rest:

I'm writing this from room 23x (i'll update this when I leave in the morning, I already don't feel safe as it is). There are two twin beds; the first I pulled back the comforter (seriously Best Western? everyone knows these are disgusting) to discover dark marks on the sheets accompanied by several very long, dark hairs. I am a short haired male, so clearly these did not come from my head. I quickly used this bed as a luggage rack and, when turning to pull the comforter off the other bed I noticed TOE NAIL CLIPPINGS ON THE CARPET BETWEEN THE BEDS. And not like one wayward nail a worn out vacuum and a not-so-motivated housekeeper missed, but the full leftovers from someones self-applied pedicure. Holy. Crap.

Further, there are stains on the wallpaper between the bed and the wall separating the bathroom from the rest of the room, several red stains on the carpet in the entryway, not to mention mildew in the toilet and shower.

This hotel is a poor reflection on any national brand of hotels, and an embarrassment to Delta Air Lines that it would put its passengers in such a place.

Also notice all the reviewers who give this place five stars also mention how great the staff is. I'm sure those reviewers don't work for the hotel and are trying to buoy the star rating . . . smh.

Room Tip: Just eat the cost of the Westin at DTW if it has rooms. It did not tonight.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Old, even though it is non smoking now......the room we had was terribly smked up. Worried about the cleanliness....shower current was sour......hair dryer had been stolen and not replaced. The grounds were dirty.

Room Tip: Just do not stay there
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Crown Point, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The hotel is very old and needs some updating in the rooms. There was a mouse in the food area and the owner stated that he kills them with bleach. Inhumane!! We were not able to cancel our room after a tournament schedule was changed and it was only 20 minutes after a normal late check out. We were not offered a credit we were told that they don't check out rooms until 7 pm and that is why we were charged, doesn't seem like that was our problem. We as a travel baseball team will never stay at that Best Western again. We travel a lot and try to get the best value and the Best Western of Livonia was not it.

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn across the street
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Quite satisfied with the stay. Clean room, friendly staff, great pool area, excellent breakfast. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

here do I start?... My boyfriend and I stayed in the hotel for two nights and from the minute we walked into our room it was a horrible experience. The room had a stench when we first walked in that did not go away the entire time we were there. The sheets were not clean and had cigarette burn holes in them. The bathroom was disgusting! It was not cleaned at all and the toilet had pee all over it. What really pushed us over the edge, and was the cherry on top of our great stay was when we found a roach in the bathroom. We called the front desk and voiced our complaints and they did not care to do anything for us. They told us that they would need proof of the roach that we found in the bathroom, therefore we had to keep it under a cup in our bathroom for our whole stay, since they never sent anyone up to take care of it like they said they would. Our stay at the Best Western was definitely the worst experience I have ever had at any hotel,and we will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN Hospitality Hotel? Share your experiences!