“a great hotel for the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center Detroit - Livonia

You added Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center Detroit - Livonia to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center Detroit - Livonia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17123 Laurel Park Drive N, Livonia, MI 48152   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Livonia
Washington, DC
“a great hotel for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

I was very pleased with this hotel in every way possible. The atrium was very attractive and spacious. There was plenty of room in the lobby and a small cafe where you could buy pastries, continental breakfast, and other food items.

The room was very pleasant. I had a sleep number bed which is wonderful. The room was a good size, well furnished, and quiet.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. When I needed a snow brush (the rental car did not have one), the front desk readily lent me one. When I needed a hammer to break off the frozen sludge in my wheel well, engineering promptly brought me one.

I was the only customer in the restaurant late on a sub-zero Sunday night, but I was treated superbly. I was given a complimentary appetizer, an extra large salad, and a huge entree. The price was very reasonable, the food was good, and the restaurant is charming (sort of English pub style, but fancier).

Both receptionists were very friendly. A request for late checkout was honored. The hotel was at only 15% capacity, so that might explain the superb quality of service I received, but whatever the reason, it was greatly appreciated.

Now that the renovations have been completed, this is an excellent choice for a mid-price hotel. It is just off I-275 and very convenient.

• Liked — the sleep-number bed
  • Disliked — did not dislike anything
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2008

Very nice hotel for business travelers. Staff was wonderful and went out of their way to assist us during our stay with car troubles. Just be sure to verify you are getting a room wit the sleep number beds. It was very misleading on the "book a room" page, which states it is a sleep number bed, because our room wasn't. When we called the front desk to inquire, we could have changed rooms, but decided to keep what we had.

• Liked — quiet hotel
  • Disliked — misleading ad, stating reservation was for sleep number bed
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

We (2 people) stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. Typical room- except for the wonderful sleep number beds. The atrium/lobby/pool area beats any hotel I've stayed in. Friendly staff, clean room, nice part of town, I was actually sorry to leave.

• Liked — atrium area
  • Disliked — inconvenient location for our activities
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

Still a lot of construction, but if you can overlook that, the hotel is not a bad choice. I was told the main lobby would re-open the week of 3/10/08. I peeked in and it looked nice, and almost ready.

There is construction continuing in the hallways, but it didn't impact me or my stay. The room was nice, and the staff was friendly and professional.

When the construction is finally finished, this will be a very nice property, in a great location.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2008

yep there is still construction going on but they tell you that right up front. The hotel was booked solid for a cat show this weekend and the staff worked their butt off to make everything work. All the remodeling work might seem to detract from the place but in the reality we knew that up front and the staff at this place went over and above what you would expect to make our stay comfortable. The room was excellent - anyone traveling needs to give this place a look. We showed up at 9am sat morning knowing that check in wasn't till the the afternoon and also knowing that they were booked for the cat show. I mentioned to the lady at the front desk that we knew we early but just wanted to let her know we were there and would check in later after the show. She went way out of her way and called me back an told us that if we could bend on our reservation a bit that she could get us in a room that was being cleaned right now. Not a problem for us. I don't think she realizes the favor she did for us. All the staff i met there was very accommodating and for me as a manager of a business I want to see the staff be relaxed and communicate to the customer. This place is great and only going to get better. I looked t the work they are doing and the materials they are using and its will be a 5 soon\
tom

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — they could have used a little more help early in the day at the restaurant(shanahans) for a show that size
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
southfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2007

I stayed at the Radisson December, 05, 2007 and I believe that they.Should not be lodging guests until their MAJOR renovation is done. The hallways were very cold, damp, creepy and heavily scented with strong paint odors. We were on the first floor but due to the renovation.We had to find an elevator , go up one floor and them down to find our room.All of this while pushing the luggage carrier.

They advertised high speed internet which they did not have.They provided wireless service only. I must say that the staff was VERY friendly and helpful. The sleep number beds were loud when operating and not very comfortable at all.

I would not stay there again until ALL renovation is complete. Due to the conditions of the place I expected a free night.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — the renovation
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

Our stay was absolutely marvelous because of the caring and exceptional staff at this hotel! They really went above and beyond to take care of us. The managers I encountered we gracious and just wonderful. The hotel is going through big renovations but the staff really makes up for any inconveniences we experienced. The food in the restaraunt was fabulous and very tasty with great service. Highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center Detroit - Livonia? Share your experiences!