“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Livonia
Columbia, MD
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Marriott hotel on a recent visit to Michigan. The hotel was very nice, and conveniently located near I-275. The staff were especially friendly and pleasant. I had two meals and a buffet breakfast at the hotel restaurant, and all were very good. Free wi-fi is available in the lobby. My room was quiet, clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Columbia Trekker:

On behalf of the staff of the Detroit Marriott Livonia, thank you for taking the time to note your thoughts regarding our service and amenities. Marriott kicked off a new internal campaign called The Art of Hosting and we continually strive to be Brilliant Hosts. I am pleased to hear you felt our staff to be pleasant and friendly as this is key to ensuring a brilliant stay. Please know we greatly value your patronage but more importantly your thoughts regarding your stay. We would be honored to be your host hotel when in the area.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pentwater
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I recently stayed at the Detroit Marriott Livonia for a work conference and was pleasantly surprised. When I pulled up I was a little disheartened by the outside (the building looked a little bit dingy). I walked into the hotel and was stunned. It's beautiful. The check in was very fast and the staff was really friendly. My room had a king bed with 6 pillows. The decor of the room is really modern and everything was well taken care of. The bed was super comfy by the way. The bathroom is stocked with Bath and Body works soaps/shampoos. Water pressure in the shower was strong. I ordered room service for breakfast and the girl who delivered my french toast was so nice. She arrived right on time and couldn't have been more pleasant. The french toast itself was really good. It had strawberries and sliced bananas with light syrup. So good! The hall was kind of loud until around midnight and I was wishing for earplugs or a fan but once it got later I had a very good night's sleep. The food at the conference was provided by the hotel and was a definite step up from the normal fare. Great cheesecake. I also really enjoyed the fact that it's attached to a mall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Megan;

Thank you kindly for your thoughtful review. The catering fare from our restaurant, Sweet Lorraine's, is quite lovely and Lorraine originally began peddling baked goods, of which the cheesecake is her most prized. I am pleased you liked our french toast and would recommend you try our homemade granola next time. Having been newly renovated (guestrooms) we are now working on the details such as our marble flooring, concrete sidewalks, signage and door hardware. We hope next time you are in town, you will consider staying with us so you can see the positive changes.

Thank you once again Megan for taking the time to share your thoughts. We value all guests comments, both positive and those suggesting improvements, as it helps us to stay aligned with our guests needs.

Detroit Marriott Livonia
Livonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My only concern was the use of internet. I called ahead to be sure they had internet, they said yes, so I did not bring my laptop. On the Monday of my stay, there was another guest on the "only" available computer for most of the day -- at least 8 hours. This was very discouraging.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hello Nancy!
Thank you for your kind assessment of our hotel; ranking us 5 among 5 in almost every category. The team at the Detroit Marriott Livonia is continually working to "Do More Better" and be Brilliant Hosts so I am very pleased to hear you felt our staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel clean. I am sorry to hear you had difficulty utilizing our public computer; you will be pleased to learn we are currently looking at expanding our business center and hope to add another computer and a larger work desk by end of year. Please know we greatly value your loyalty and support and hope you will honor us with the pleasure of serving as your home away from home when in the area.

In appreciation,
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed one night for business and selected this hotel due to proximity to my meeting. Friendly staff at desk and in the concierge lounge. The property is a little dated, but it's clean and friendly. The concierge lounge had one of the nicest arrays of food I've had in any Marriott. On top of my list next time I'm in the area.

Good Job!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Tim from Greenville;

Thank you kindly for providing the TripAdvisor guests with a fair assessment of our hotel, service and amenities. We firmly believe that friendly and inviting demeanor by our associates is key in making our guests feel welcome and I am thrilled to hear you posiive remarks. Also thank you for speaking positively about our concierge catering; quality is important to us and we always try to provide fresh and creative offerings in our lounge and therefore appreciate your recognizing our efforts. It is our hope you will consider the Detroit Marriott Livonia your home away from home when in the area.

In gratitude,
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed there for one night on a business trip. The room was very large and very well appointed. The staff were super friendly and the place was very clean with a nice lobby. Left my wallet in the room and called back in an hour to see if it is there. The housekeeping manager was very nice about it and she promised to go to the room right away herself to check. Less than 2 minutes later I got a phone call from her that she found it. I was at the executive level but since I had guest for breakfast, I invited my guest to the lobby restaurant which was not much better than what was offered at the executive level for free but it was adequate.

Room Tip: As I said, what they offer for free at the executive level for breakfast is almost as good as what y...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hello SFShawn of San Francisco;

We recognize that all our guests comments, thoughts and concerns are of utmost importance and they help us to continue to meet and exceed all our guests needs. As a Senior Contributor to Trip Advisor, and having reviewed 25 hotels, you too recognize the importance of your role as a consumer sharing your thoughts and suggestions ~ and for that we are truly grateful. Thank you for you taking the time to post your candid review. I will be sure to share with our Executive Team at our weekly Guest Satisfaction Review meeting.

With appreciation,
Luton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had an extended stay at the hotel, having stayed several times previously. The hotel room was clean and comfortable and in particular the Marriott bed enabled restful sleep. The food and service was very good, and in particular thanks to Brian and Karlton for their excellent customer service. The indoor swimming pool is a good size for a hotel pool and both the pool and hot tub are well maintained. In terms of improvement, a more efficient fan in the bathroom would help to eliminate the steam more quickly and avoid the room becoming humid.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on a high floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DBastianelli, Director of Sales at Detroit Marriott Livonia, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Karen & Guest;

Thank you kindly for your candid assessment of our hotel, the Detroit Marriott Livonia. I am especially appreciative that you mentioned those associates by name, who impressed you. I will be sure to pass your comments along to our executive team as well as recognize those noted. Please know we grealty value your loyalty and are honored to be considered your home away from home.

In gratitude,
Hebron, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

To me, this property is ready for some refurbishing...the decor looks staid and the elevators creak. It would have been nice if the revolving door activated when I entered since it was tough to push it with luggage in both hands. The service was average. e.g. asked for a newspaper at the front desk in the morning (usually delivered to my room), and was told that they did not have any available.

The room itself was spacious and clean (most important) and the bed was very comfortable (typical Marriott bed :)).

It suited me well for a single night's stay recently, but would not be my "go to" accomodations in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear KY Resident;

Please accept our sincere apologies for our lack of service, it is always our goal to meet all of our guest expectations, even for small requests such as a newspaper. I am also disappointed to hear your felt our property was beginning to "Show Its Age". Having just completed an extensive guestroom refresh December of 2012, I am pleased you felt the guestroom comfortable. We have already purchased new lobby furniture and have been waiting approximately 10 weeks for its arrival, and I am confident that this will present a complete updated look.
Danielle Bastianelli

Been to Detroit Marriott Livonia? Share your experiences!