“Customer service is very good” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Livonia
Danville, Virginia
“Customer service is very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed for 6 days here and the front desk and manger were very helpful, while the room service personnel were only fair. Every time we had a problem the front desk addressed it but we had things going on every day with room service, dirty sheets not changed, no towels being delivered to the room, trash not emptied. We plan to return only because of the manager and his attempt to take care of our concerns.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Livonia, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
The hotel management and staff take great pride in exceeding all of our guest's expectations and we are pleased that your stay was great. We will be certain to pass on your feedback to the management & staff and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Livonia area.

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel was a bit hard to find as we initially went to the other "easier-to-find" Comfort Inn in Livonia. The hotel sign out by the main road was not lit at night making it more of a challenge to find. I reported it to management but it was still unlit during our second day of stay. Also, the covering over the main hotel entrance did not have the lights turned on either. Our room key did not always work properly and had to exchange it once with front desk. On the positive side, the room was clean, well appointed with 2 queen size beds and 4 pillows per bed and a Jacuzzi tub. The beds were good and the WiFi worked without any problems. The breakfast was very good with a large variety of items including some fresh hot eggs and sausage. Overall we were pleased with our stay and would stay again. Would give 5 stars next time if they fix outdoor lighting issues.

Room Tip: Booked with Expedia for our best rate.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Livonia, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for sending us your comments regarding your stay with us. The hotel management and staff strive to deliver the best overall experience for our guest's. The issues mentioned in your review have been resolved and we look forward to delivering a 5 star experience on your next stay with us.
Elizabeth, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel is older and there is a bit of wear that needs attention, little things like the faceplate around the bathroom door handle being loose, but nothing major that we could see. The staff is absolutely outstanding! My flight was delayed and my boyfriend (who had driven in) was already in town. 1 call to the front desk and he was able to check in early on my reservation (thank you Mark!). We really appreciated this since I finally arrived at 1:30 am! Every employee we encountered was incredibly helpful and friendly. They made us feel so very welcome. The advance purchase price made this hotel $20-30 less than others in the area so I was very pleased with the cost savings. The bed was comfortable, we always appreciate a mini fridge and microwave and I must say this hotel seemed quieter than other comparably priced places I have stayed. This hotel will definitely be our #1 choice for overnight stays near the Detroit airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle,
We thank you for the kind words expressed regarding your stay with us and we will be sure to pass them on to Mark. The hotel staff takes great pride in delivering exceptional customer service and we appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again when you visit Livonia
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The staff were friendly and wanted to be helpful. Bathroom was very nice. Small issues eventually added up over our 3-day stay. The room appeared clean, but we found an empty plastic pop/soda bottle and a bent up bottle cap on the floor. Housekeeping missed both of these items. Our 5 month old puppy was with us and the bottle cap could have been a problem if he had found it first. Closet door was locked, leaving us nowhere to hang our jackets. Shower faucet was difficult to set to hot water. Breakfast was not well stocked. Food was good, but they ran out of eggs/meat. Waffle maker (noted in the hotel's on-line description of services) was missing. (was told a customer broke it on the first day of our stay.) We chose this hotel for the breakfast. Next time we'll pick a hotel closer to our venue.

Room Tip: It seems that the rooms with the whirlpool baths are the ones that do not have refrigerator/microwav...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lisa,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. The hotel management and staff work diligently to exceed all of our guest's expectations and we apologize that we were unable to deliver 100% satisfaction. We can assure you that all of the issues mentioned have been completely resolved and we look forward to another chance to deliver the best overall hotel experience during your next stay with us.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was very disappointed with my stay at this particular Comfort Inn. I've stayed at many Comfort Inns over the years, and this was one of the worst.

First off all, the window to my room was left open. Normally, this would not be an issue, but there was no screen. I later noticed that my room was full of insects (mainly mosquitoes). I think the staff should be mindful of such things. If there are no screens, don't leave the windows open.

The next point: the pillows are lumpy. I am not extremely picky about pillows... but the pillows at this hotel were exceptionally bad... to the point that it was hard to sleep.

It was clear that the room had been renovated within the last 5 years or so, but the cleaning was not up-to-par. I found multiple hairs in the shower.

In the morning, I also went to pour myself a glass of water from a pitcher in the lobby. I quickly noticed that there were black specs floating in the water. I then went for hot water to make tea, but the water was luke warm.

The positive points are that the gym is relatively well-equipped, that the hotel is centrally located and the staff is friendly (just apparently not very attentive to the upkeep of the hotel).

Overall, I recommend avoiding this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay with us. The issues mentioned in your review have been completely resolved and we look forward to your next stay with us when your travels take you to the Detroit area.
East Lansing
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very good place to stay, was in town with three other employees from work and everyone was very satisfied. Forgot to collect my receipt at the end of the week, but one simple phone call (thanks Mark!) to the front desk and it was e-mailed to me in five minutes. Would recommend. Great service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jon,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay with us. The hotel staff and management strive to deliver the best overall hotel experience for each of our guest's and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay with us when your travels take you to the Livonia area.
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

One of the most RELAXING and ENJOYABLE stays of my 54 years of life!
The coustomer service was amazing from the moment I arrived. I purchased a three night getaway standard suite however when I arrived their was a problem with the room availabity HOWEVER the hotal upgraded the rooom at no additional charge and I received a room with a whirlpool jacuzzi that helped soothe an injured lower back and the staff soothed my spirit as they were very gracious and extremely helpful. The room and property are clean and aesthetic, the complimentary breakfast delicious and a vast variety, far beyond the typical continental breakfast. Fresh brewed coffee (including decaf :))) was available round the clock and I must say that I was very pleased with the accomodations. Lastly, the demeanors of the staff, every single one of them, were amazing. The care and concern demonstrated were genuine, holistic and indicative of a big hug!

If ever recommending and or needing a hotel anytime I am in the area - of bringing persons out of town - this will be the only hotel that I will recommend and/or lodge personally.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Livonia, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Anne,

Been to Comfort Inn Livonia? Share your experiences!