“outstanding quality” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Detroit, Michigan
“outstanding quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

J Alexander's is a great place for a memorable meal. Entertained Japanese clients who were hungry for steak and they thoroughly enjoyed it. Calamari appetizer was the only letdown, not very crunchy and the sauce was flavorless. Caesar salad was crisp and fresh but a little over-dressed. Ahi tuna was outstanding, cooked to absolute perfection with a snappy wasabi mayo sauce. Smashed potatoes were rich and creamy, a perfect accompaniment. Overall, a great dining experience

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, Michigan
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Two couples for dinner on a Saturday evening. Had to wait about 30 minutes for a table at six and sat in the bar. Good Mojito's (made with Vodka). Fairly loud in the bar and at the table. consistently a good meal. We had the quacamole appetizer, prime rib, fish tacos, salmon, and the French dip. Service was a bit pushy, but with some nuance from us, got the message. No problems or surprises.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Great place for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I travel for a living and eat out 20 days out of 30. I get so sick of restaurant food and am always looking for something different. I was pleasantly surprised with J. Alexander's. The attmosphere was eligant yet not stuffy. The service was second to none. The prime rib was probably one of the best custs of meat I've had in a very, very long time. I would definately go back to this establishment should I be in the area again. As a matter of fact, I would go out of my way to eat here again.

Visited May 2013
“Wonderful food and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife had the swordfish and I the Scottish samon. They were excellent. The swordfish came with a large side of coleslaw, that tasted fresh and made from scratch. The samon came with a side cold brown rice side, mixed with beans, and delicious seasoning. We didn't finish our dinners (they were large servings) as we started with the smoked samon dip. The dip was good, but didn't include enough seasoned toasted bread. We we didn't wait (we arrived at 5:45pm on a Saturday night). There was a 1 hour wait when we left at 7pm. It was our first at J. Alexander's, and for food it's like Novi's Bonefish, Ann Arbor's Real Seafood, etc. It is expensive, and it is worth it. We will go back.

Visited May 2013
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Hmm .. $$$ + Average ..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Trendy/popular place .. but overpriced .. their service was only semi-good .. so I probably won't return ..

Visited July 2012