“Going there since 1975 on High dates.” 5 of 5 stars

(734) 425-8910
Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 236 Restaurants in Livonia
Cuisines: Chinese
“Going there since 1975 on High dates.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Same great food, Same large portions.
Favorite Chinese restaurant of all time. The bean sprout egg rolls are the best anywhere. I get 30 carry out when ever in town.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Auburn Hills, Michigan
“Giant portions.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Okay, sure. This place is old and dusty. The carpet is worn. The decor hasn't been updated much since the LBJ administration. And never mind that "Yen" isn't even a Chinese unit of currency. This place has CHARACTER and there's something to be said for longevity. Scores of loyal customers have kept this place open for decades to enjoy heaping portions of Almond Boneless Chicken, Chop Suey, and other favorites served up plentifully and cheerfully amid an atmosphere that drips with faux-oriental ambience. And speaking of dripping: Make no mistake, this is strictly deep-fried American-style "Chinese Food." But man, it's tasty. And those portions have every Chinese restaurant in town beaten in terms of size and value for the money. Seriously, folks, there's a LOT of food for what you pay. Ignore the run-down appearance of the place, the lack of culinary authenticity, and the proprietor's apparent insistence on storing cleaning supplies in full view of the lobby. This is the spot to be if you have a "yen" for gorging yourself on American Chinese food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Westland, Michigan, United States
“Great Food - Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

My husband and I went for the first time in early December. It was so good that we decided to take the family there for our Christmas Day dinner! We have been back numerous times and we absolutely love everything about it. The food is great and they give so much, you have enough for another meal to take home! The service was wonderful. Our favorite waiter there is William. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who loves Chinese food.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“THE BEST Egg Rolls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Although it has been a couple years since I've been home to Westland, I can tell you Ten Yen has the best egg rolls I've had and their plum sauce fantastic too. I love the food and get cravings regularly. Just sad because I can't staisfy those cravings because I livve in Texas and have for the last 23 years.

• Visited September 2010
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Westland, Michigan
“Stupendous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have been doing business with Ten Yen for 20 years, they are by far my favorite Chinese Restaurant around. The food is delicious as always- carry out or dine-in, and the service is fast but great! The prices are incredible for the servings you get! For as long as I have been ordering from Ten Yen I have never had a problem with them which I think is rare in this type of industry; but it's true! I hope they stay around for many generations to come, just stupendous!

• Visited May 2011