“HECK YES IT WAS NEXT TO A MALL” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Livonia
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“HECK YES IT WAS NEXT TO A MALL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here a couple weeks ago and had a great experience. It was clean, next to a mall, and the staff was very friendly. Even though we didn't go into the mall it was nice to know it was there. Well, we went into the Bar Louie which was sort of part of the mall, but we were only in the restaurant. The hotel was reasonably priced, especially considering it was next to a mall, and a 5 minute drive from a Dave and Busters. We were there for a wedding and somehow I didn't wake up hungover the next morning, so it might be that this place has magical powers that keep you from getting hungover, so if you're prone to hangovers, this might be the place for you! Or it might not be magical powers, it might just be how close it was to the mall. Which is to say close, but not TOO close if you know what I mean. Oh I should also mention it was close to a Panera. I think we ate at the Panera everyday we were in town.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Detroit Michigan is a huge city, and some areas we would not want to stay in. Because I have family that lives in a suburb conveniently located, we stayed specifically in this hotel. Its geographical location to family which we were visiting was perfect, and they had made the reservation for us.
We were impressed with the friendly and helpful receptionist who welcomed us warmly.
We found the room very comfortable, and well equipped with 2 easy chairs, a desk , small table and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was immaculate and equally spotless and clean.
The bed was extremely comfortable and we enjoyed 3 nights here after spending every day out visiting family and friends.
The wifi was good, the breakfast excellent, and we enjoyed the comfortable yet private lounge area where we entertained friends one evening after dinner. It was a comfortable area to have a nice catch up with them.
Would definitely return again, it was so well situated to our friends' residence, it made for a very pleasant and easy visit.
Staff were all well trained and helpful, and pleasant at all times.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
St. Ignace
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here in April 2015 for a wedding. The hotel had a block of rooms for the wedding guests and was even able to check all of the wedding guests in by noon! This was such a great hotel from the staff to room itself. There is a great breakfast area and a lot of common areas for families or large groups to meet. The pool was small but nice. We will definitely stay here again if we return to the area.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here over the weekend for my cousins wedding. Everything was perfect. The rooms were modern and very, very clean. Every staff member i encountered was welcoming, the front desk staff even remembered my name--it's the little things in life. The dinner service was absolutely delicious, and the young lady attending the restaurant--jasmine i believe-- was absolutely fabulous.
I highly recommend this hotel for anyone coming to the area.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Grand Traverse County, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2015

After spending all day moving, the crisp sheets and fabulous mattress were a welcome comfort. We came without reservations on a weekend and were able to secure a room.

The room and hotel were extremely clean with new, modern furnishings, but the bathroom seemed a bit tight and we needed to add a blanket on a chilly night. It is also conveniently located near numerous restaurants, a decent mall, and a movie theater with reclining seats.

No bad surprises here. We will use them again.

Room Tip: Request to be a room or two away from the elevator. Although the room was quiet, we occasionally ove...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2015

I travel weekly for business and this is by far my favorite hotel. There is a nice midscale mall and a number of restaurants right next door within walking distance. The staff is extraordinarily nice and always cheerful and helpful. They have gone above and beyond to make my stay wonderful. After coming back to my room after a not so great day at work, there was a hand written note on my desk written by one of the maids (Marquita!) with a very nice quote and sentiments hoping I had had a good day. She even reorganized my toiletries and perfumes on my sink and folded some clothing I had strewn on my bed in a hurry to leave that morning. As much as I travel, little things like that are very nice to come back to! I'm very impressed with the staff here! I will certainly try and stay here every time I am in Livonia!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

Though this location could use a remodeling. It is very clean, which is the most important thing. It has comfortable beds. Our room was nice and quiet. The hotel is in a great location. It is attached to a mall.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Livonia? Share your experiences!