“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Livonia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I travel weekly for business and this is by far my favorite hotel. There is a nice midscale mall and a number of restaurants right next door within walking distance. The staff is extraordinarily nice and always cheerful and helpful. They have gone above and beyond to make my stay wonderful. After coming back to my room after a not so great day at work, there was a hand written note on my desk written by one of the maids (Marquita!) with a very nice quote and sentiments hoping I had had a good day. She even reorganized my toiletries and perfumes on my sink and folded some clothing I had strewn on my bed in a hurry to leave that morning. As much as I travel, little things like that are very nice to come back to! I'm very impressed with the staff here! I will certainly try and stay here every time I am in Livonia!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

Though this location could use a remodeling. It is very clean, which is the most important thing. It has comfortable beds. Our room was nice and quiet. The hotel is in a great location. It is attached to a mall.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Upper Arlington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2015

I travel to the Detroit Metro area on a regular basis. I always stay at a Marriott property, usually at this Courtyard or at the Airport Courtyard, Since I spend a lot of time at The Henry Ford, the Airport Courtyard is more convenient. Since I was in town for the auto show, there is no advantage to the airport location, While I like and recommend both hotels, the service in Livonia is better, especially at the café. The other advantage of the Livonia location is the absence of airport noise.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

Stayed here over the weekend for the first time in the area. It's basically in the same parking lot, or adjacent to Laurel Park Place Mall. There are a few hotels all right in the immediate area. Even another Marriott. My friend chose this one, she had been there before. We had a first floor 2 queen courtyard. They have sliding glass doors, onto a patio, (or balcony, on the upper floors.) Bathroom is the kind with the sink outside of the toilet and tub room. This is fine, but if you are getting ready in the morning, and want to be quiet while others sleep, there is no door you can shut at the sink, and turn the light on, and do blow dryer and make up and such. Front desk at first was hesitating, like they had no double queen rooms at that time, but after a few calls, she found one that was ready.

Rooms seem clean and up to date, but don't have many "extras" While it did have a mini fridge, it had no microwave, no nice little lotions and potions in the restroom, just basic shampoo and soap. Lots of towels though. Funny little single serve coffee pot, not Keurig kind. Bed was on the soft squishy side, could have used a few more pillows, there were three per bed. Why not four? two for each person? Sheets were a bit scratchy, need more softener.

No free/continental breakfast is included. There is a "bistro" Starbucks, open in the lobby in the morning, ...if you like an $8.00 breakfast sandwich. It also had french toast etc. and the like. Later on I guess it's open for lunch, sandwiches. You pay, and the cook/lady will bring it out to you. There is also a small area next to the front desk, that has snacks, pop, a couple salads, microwave stuff like soups etc, and the microwave is right there, so you heat it up there and not in the room. All in all it was nice, but stuff it didn't have, is the stuff I miss, so I would choose another place next time, simply for the extras that they don't provide. They did have a pool and hot tub, but we didn't use it.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Nancy P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Livonia, responded to this review, January 21, 2015
Good morning!

Thank you very much for your review of the Livonia Courtyard and for staying with us. Our guest's comments are very important and valuable to us as we continue on our quest to be a first choice of travelers coming to Livonia. On behalf of myself and my team we appreciate all the positive comments you made and again thank you.

If you do travel to Livonia again we truly wish you would give the Livonia Courtyard another try.

Best regards,

Nancy Pavlice
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2015

There was nothing remarkably good or bad about this Courtyard. It's quite forgettable -- I only stayed there only three nights ago, yet I can't remember much about the room. Prices were around $99/night, which is on par with other Mariott branded hotels in this area. Beds were average.

Some nice things:
+ Our room had a private little sitting area with chairs in the courtyard; would be nice during summer months (note we had a first floor room, so higher floors may not have this feature)
+ Courtyard-facing rooms don't get as much sunlight as the exterior-facing rooms, making it easier to sleep
+ Great location right next to a mall and a number of restaurants; easy on/off I-275
+ Lots of entrances from different sections of the parking lot, so you're never walking too far with luggage
+ Fairly modern renovations, rooms are clean

Needs improvement:
- Other Courtyards I've stayed at have had longer hours on their cafe; I never saw this one open even once during my four-night stay!
- "Convenience market" next to the front desk is pretty sad -- minimal selection compared to what I've seen at other hotels, higher prices than at other hotels

Room Tip: Courtyard-facing rooms don't get as much sunlight as the exterior-facing rooms
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Nancy P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Livonia, responded to this review, January 8, 2015
Good afteroon,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Livonia Courtyard; I really appreciate the positive comments you mentioned and for noticing our beautiful renovation.

You mention you were not pleased with the hours in our Bistro Cafe. The Courtyard Bistro is open at 6:30am-9:30am for breakfast and then again at 5:00pm-11:00pm for dinner. We are not opened for lunch.

If you travel to Livonia again it is our hope that you will stay with us again.

Best regards,

Nancy Pavlicelk
General Manage
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2014

Just booked this room to get-away from it all after Christmas. Stayed here because I had Marriott Reward Points to use. Great Stay. The hotel was in a good location, plenty of restaurants and shopping in the area. The hotel was quiet and clean and the staff was excellent. There was not a continental breakfast offered, but I was not phased by that because of all the restaurants that were in the area. May be a issue if traveling with family, and attempting to save money on food. All in all the stay was great, it gave me what I needed and I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2014

Nice hotel- but there are some concerns.

How is it that Marriott thinks it can charge $3 for a bottle of Aquafina water? That is just outrageous to me. They have the smallest glasses in the world in the rooms and do not have vending machines. The only place you can buy water is from the "Market Place" where it is $3. That is more than you pay in an airport.

The hotel is very nice however, the TV's situation is awful. Either the resolution or the channels are awful. In all my life I've never seen channels look so awful. It's like they purposefully made non HD look worse than TV ever looked.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Livonia? Share your experiences!