“Terrific Place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Couples Getaway!
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Livonia
Union, Ohio
“Terrific Place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were there for baseball, our grandson's college was playing Madonna College. Our room was fantastic. They had just redecorated, bought new beds and the room was magnificent. The beds were so comfortable. For the amount we paid the room and service was great. The only con about it would be the hotel didn't offer any type of breakfast, not even continental. Talking with parents of the baseball team that stayed at several different hotels, breakfast was offered at all of them. Found it odd that Courtyard didn't. But other than that our stay was very enjoyable. Would stay again if I am ever in the area.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and found the room to be big, roomy and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

2 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sterling Heights, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was the third consecutive year that we stayed at this hotel for our sport tournament. We checked in Friday afternoon and check out was Sunday. Our women's adult hockey team has the divisional tournament in Livonia each year and since we are not sure the time slot of the games the team stays for a short get away. Previously we have had no issues with this hotel and this year was horrible.
I had booked the suite this year to ensure we had a seperate living space from the bedroom due to the fact I just had surgery the Wed. prior to the stay and my partner has just been diagnosed with Epilepsy. Knowing that we may need to two seperate areas to let each of us get some rest. Friday we ran into an old friend that we have not seen since 2009 so five of us went back to the room after dinner around 11 PM Friday night. We were talking catching up and did have our room door propped open in case any other team members came. We got a knock on the door at literally 11:05 asking us to quiet down from guest services. We did not think anything of it as there were only 5 of us talking (not shouting) so we just assumed because we had the door propped open maybe our voices were carrying down the hall. We shut the door and continued to catch up. At 11:30 PM we received a call from the front desk threatening to kick us out because we have received another noise complaint. The lady was extremely rude on the phone as I asked what the complaint was about as there were 5 people in the room just talking. Adults mind you our ages...35, 33, 38, 37 and 51. Point being we are not teenage girls! The lady who called said I am not sure but you are going to be kicked out if you get another complaint. Very upset at this point our old friend went home so we did not have any issues. So the two of us just went to bed so there was not any trouble. Now at 2, 3, 4 and 5 in the morning almost like clockwork the phone would ring once and hang up. Just enough for us to wake and get the phone. Awesome!
Day number one still makes me mad as I am the one who paid extra for a two room suite and had under the room capacity in my living space having a conversation only to be threatened to be kicked out.
Day number two: we were up an at em for a day of hockey. At 7AM the elevators were down and we of course were on the third floor. It is not fun to carry your hockey bag down three flights of stairs. Sorry for the inconvenience the sign on the elevator said. We came back after a long day to a clean room, fresh start I am thinking phew! About 9 PM we had a few members of the team meet up in the pool area to relax our muscles in the hot tub. We were there for maybe 15 minutes as there sugar ants swarming around the entire hot tub. Housekeeping fail! Gross, we left and went to bed.
Final day: We had a very early game and then the final game at 2:15 PM. At 6 AM I went to the front desk and asked if it would be possible to extend my check out time until 1PM so after the morning game we could go get some sleep prior to the finals. "No problem, I will let housekeeping know!" The elevators were down yet again and day number two of carrying hockey equipment from the third floor. Good grief. The elevators always seemed to work when we came back in the evening! Very frustrating. So we come back and have all of our stuff ready to check out and get some shut eye to check out at 1 PM as I had arranged. Noon comes (the original check out deadline) click click click click. Someone was trying to get into the room it sounded. I said someone must have been trying to get into the wrong room, I rolled over and went back to sleep. 12:15 RING RING RING, "hello when is your departure time?" Are your serious? Get your stuff together people, I have arranged to check out at 1PM! Finally, mad as hell, I loaded the car, checked out and called it a day. The hockey ladies will not be traveling to this hotel again! There are three hotels in the general area we will find another for our annual tournament. I am not one to complain but it was one thing after another after another. FAIL!

Room Tip: Do not pay the extra for a two room suite with a living area. Although the rooms are spacious and n...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Nancy P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Livonia, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Good Afternoon,

On behalf of myself and my staff we are very glad you stayed at the Livonia Courtyard on multiple occassions and enjoyed your stay.

I truly apologize for the issues you experienced during this last stay. I would be happy to discuss your situation with you at any time it would be convenient for you.

We have just renovated all our guest rooms with new decor and beds and would definitely like to win you back as a guest.

Sincerely yours,

Nancy Pavlicek
Livonia Courtyard

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Livonia? Share your experiences!