“Well maintained and cozy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Motor Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Livonia
Royal Motor Inn
You added Royal Motor Inn to your Saves list
27751 Plymouth Rd., Livonia, MI 48150   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Livonia B&B and Inns
“Well maintained and cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

The man that owns it is a great guy. Very nice room for the price,will be back! Almost passed it buy. Very clean, had a very nice stay. Close to downtown Detroit venues without the high price or dirty motels of Detroit.

• Stayed August 2012

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

This is a regular "roach motel"--stay away from it! The guy claimed he was giving me a "deal" but it was the same price as the very clean Day's Inn I ended up staying in the next night (and over a week total). The room looked old but cute when I first walked in but I noticed a lot of dust on the counters and proceeded to use a washcloth to dust it off. When I went to rinse the now very dirty cloth, the water came out BROWN like diarrhea and the hot water faucet didn't shut off right--just turned around in a circle. The water did clear up after it ran awhile but who wants to brush their teeth in that?? I figured if the room was that dusty the bedspread was probably dusty too so I removed it, revealing dead bugs and brown stains on the sheets! Then the TV had no remote and wouldn't turn on and the ice machine didn't work. The floor was filthy and there were thick spider webs full of dead insects in the corners. I decided that was IT, removed my stuff from the room, and checked back out. The worst part was their nonchalant response when I politely explained the problems--they said, "But you were getting it for such a good deal, you can't expect it to be deluxe". They were not upset or chagrined to hear how bad it was, didn't offer any sort of apology, just sent me on my way. See my reviews of the Gemini ("No-tell") Motel and the wonderful Days Inn to hear the rest of the story!

Stayed November 2007

Been to Royal Motor Inn? Share your experiences!