“Clean, Excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lapeer
Michigan
“Clean, Excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was an exceptionally clean room with very courteous staff, including cleaning staff. I expected more from the daily breakfast but was glad to have it available. Of note, I discovered they have cartons so you can eat in your room which I would have preferred. Jacuzzi tub in the room was only $10 more, I highly recommend it as you can adjust water temp and jet power to your liking. Hotel also has pool, fitness center, and jacuzzi on first floor. It's in a nice area with lots of shops, I really liked Lapeer itself and would recommend this hotel if you're staying anyplace in the area. The only downfall I found: cleaning staff uses the same elevators as guests. At times this becomes difficult-- trying to leave with luggage and squeezing in cleaning carts or going down to breakfast and having a cleaning cart squeeze you in. I don't know why they designed the hotel this way, it makes it cumbersome despite how polite the personnel are.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Andrea1569mi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thanks for the great review!
It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable, we look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest in the near future.

Andrea St.Laurent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Dear all,

I travel for businness all year long and I have stayed in numerous hotels. We had a great experience at this one. The hotel was extremely clean, and the staff, very helfull and friendly. I must especially say that Marissa and Nicky at the front desk were great! The overall value was very good, considering the $79 we have spent for the night and 2 queen size beds. The room was super comfortable, and the shower, with a strong stream. The manager of this hotel must be proud to operate a hotel in such a professionnal way, with an unforgettable touch of kindness.

Room Tip: There is a nice familly restaurant very close to the hotel, it is called Apple Tree. I recommand it...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the great review!

Iam so happy to hear thay your stay was enoyable and that our staff, especially Nicki and Marissa, took such great care of you! I shared your review with them and thanked them for their great service!
Happy travels to you and please think of us on your next visit to the Lapeer/Flint area.

Andrea St.Laurent
Camarillo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed 2 nights here and will stay again. The staff was helpful and excellent. The complimentary breakfast was great too. We are planning another trip soon we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Last August my daughter and I went on a trip to Birch Run from Ontario and booked a hotel via one of the booking sites online ~ the Holiday Inn Express at Lapeer.

It had been an expensive year so this was our big splurge!

I did not sleep the entire night as the ground floor room was situation adjacent to a loud pump of some sort - it was visible outside the window, a huge 4 x 4 foot metal contraption.

When I complained to management the next morning they were so "SURPRISED" at my revelation and offered to re-imburse points to compensate.

Imagine my own "SUPRISE" to realize that when I called the Priority Points office earlier this year there were no points credited.

We would have been far better ahead to continue our drive on to London, Ontario than to indulge in this treat!

After years of going with Holiday Inn Express we will go elsewhere ~ This has tainted our view of Holiday Inn Express from here on in!

Shame on you Lapeer!

As I said, shame on you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Expectbetter71,

We noticed your review regarding the Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, MI. We are reaching out to you on behalf of InterContinental Hotels Group or IHG, representing the Holiday Inn brand.

We have documented your comments under reference number 37931796, and are investigating the situation. However, before we can continue, we need some additional information. Please send an email to IHGCare@ihg.com.

Please include:
- The name the reservation was under as well as confirmation number, if possible.
- The dates of your stay.
- What action has the hotel management taken to resolve your concerns?
- Your IHG Rewards number (If applicable)
- Your contact information including your name, phone number, email and mailing address.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to hearing
from you and being of further assistance.

Janice Angagka
eMedia Coordinator
Reference # 37931796
Caro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this property 3 or 4 times going back to when it was a Fairfield Inn. Our last stay was a surprise birthday present from my wife and HIE didn't let us down. We were on the third floor in a whirlpool suite. Something about watching the Stanley Cup playoffs on the flat screen while lounging in the whirlpool just screams relaxing to my wife and I, even if the Red Wings weren't playing. Yes, we're weird. LOL Having read some of the other reviews after our stay I will add that we found everything in proper working order. The breakfast included ham and cheese omelets and we felt it was better than normal hotel food. We also enjoyed the fresh popcorn available at the front desk. Overall, we've never had a bad experience here and I see us visiting here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Clair, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have stayed in Lapeer a number of times and usually go to the Best Western, due to being a last minute stop, the Best Western was full so I ignored my better judgement and went to the Holiday Inn.

As I customarily do I booked a jacuzzi room as I enjoy a little extra space and the ability to relax at the end of the day..this room offered neither of those aforementioned amenities.
By the time I went to fill the tub it was close to 10 p.m. and to my dismay the drain stop did not work. As in the water immediately drained when trying to fill it. At this time in the night calling the young lady at the front desk is not going to do any good. Even if maintenance was on call what am I going to do go sit in the hall for a couple hours while a plumber fiddles with it? I could have gotten my tools and done it myself, but lets remember this was about relaxing at the end of the day. So I let it go and called it a night.

Well I tried to call it a night..I often read reviews about thin walls, and have never experienced this to be an issue. This however was a nightmare, any running of water or flush of a toilet in any surrounding room caused a clatter of noise in these walls that sounded like a mixture of niagra falls and a jet taking off. Given the volume limits on the tv I spent most of the night struggling to hear the news before I gave up on this as well and just chalked the entire night up as a loss.

Was the place awful and disgusting? Not particularly. Will I go back willingly? I highly doubt it.

Room Tip: I always advocate for upgrading to a suite of some kind, but here it was not worth it at all.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear shine1se,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry for the problems you experienced in your room and for falling short of your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D
Case Manager
Brantford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I was there because other hotel rooms where booked. The rooms are small and cramped the tv Volume you couldn't adjust. Went to front desk ask for a couple of Pillows and was told there wasn't any. So I explain that I needed them for my back and all of a sudden they had two right there in the back room. Best time was when we got to book out of this joint.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lapeer, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear 594PeterA,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am very sorry to read about the troubles you encountered with the amenities malfunctioning and if you were dissatisfied with the condition of your room. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done in the future.

Again, thanks for the candid review and my apologies for the shortcomings.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lapeer? Share your experiences!