“This was not a very clean place to stay! The lobby where...” 2 of 5 stars

Super 8 Lansing
910 American Road, I-96 Exit 104, Lansing, MI 48911   |
Ranked #22 of 23 hotels in Lansing

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bay City, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I typically take reviews of lower cost hotels with a grain of salt, as it's difficult to understand fully the reviewer's expectations going in. This is one place where the reviews are right on, and I would not stay here again.

I pre-booked a king room, and after checking in found that I had a room with two doubles. The air-conditioner was unplugged and front panel hanging partially off, and the window open - at the end of a long warm day. But what really got me was that the smoke alarm was beeping. I went back to the front desk and from what I could understand was asked if everything was ok. I explained about the smoke alarm, and the king room that I reserved, but no king rooms were available. I was switched to another room. two double beds. It was late, I figured I could go with it.

OK, so in this room, the air conditioner worked and soon cooled the room after I turned it on and closed the window. Then I turned on the TV, which was uneventful because I read the directions during one of my visits to the front desk. It's not as simple as pointing the remote at the TV and pressing "ON' - but the process does work, even if half the channels did not (no connection at this time).

Alright, pick a bed. The first bed had holes in the sheets. I'd say burn holes, although they didn't appear burned... but holes anyway. Second bed seemed fine, but at this point it was my only choice, and I decided not to be too critical of this one. The carpets in the room seemed to be what I can only call greasy. The toilet never did seem to want to flush very well.

I'm not much of a breakfast eater, but will have a danish, egg, or something in the morning when it's convenient. I did not eat breakfast, although I did have an uninspired cup of coffee.

I'm usually fairly generous in most reviews, but everything about this hotel screamed cheap, and nobody seems to care. On my way down to the desk in the morning I could still hear the smoke alarm chirping down the hallway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Zolfo Springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The room was dirty, sheets worked off the bed, no shampoo, ceiling in bathroom had been replaced, but not finished, refrigerator did not work, coffee pot provided in room, but no coffee, cobwebs all over, exit door was not locked. Continental breakfast was coffee, cold cereal, bread for toasting and orange juice.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Zeeland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

very run down and dirty- the breakfast was terrible- a few pieces of bread, some spoiled OJ, and cereal. did not feel safe. had a non smoking room but the whole place smelled of smoke.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Lansing? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Lansing

Address: 910 American Road, I-96 Exit 104, Lansing, MI 48911
Location: United States > Michigan > Lansing
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #22 of 23 hotels in Lansing
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Wyndham, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Super 8 Lansing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super Eight Lansing

If you own or manage Super 8 Lansing, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.