“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   525 N Canal Road, Lansing, MI 48917 (Formerly Hampton Inn Lansing)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Lansing
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The staff at this hotel is great. They are all very friendly and make a point to get to know their guests. The hot breakfast is really good, with a nice variety of items, and everything was fresh. My room was clean and comfortable. I really like the location of this hotel. It is close to the interstate, shopping, and restaurants. Also, there is plenty of parking. I am looking forward to staying at this hotel again when I return to Lansing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Josh S, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Alan,

We are delighted to hear of your wonderful experience at our hotel! As you've stated, service is a big priority here at the Comfort Inn Lansing and we're sure glad to know it stood out during your time with us.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It sounds like we will be seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

3 story, older property that is very well maintained. It appeared that my room had been recently updated. All of the staff I interacted with were friendly, high performers. Breakfast buffet had many extras including hot items. My room was clean and fresh. Hotel had pool and fitness center, ample parking and was conveniently located to I-69 on the west side of town. The front desk folks were very helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. I'm rating my experience as 5 stars.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Josh S, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Johnny,

I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful experience! As you've stated, we are an older building but have continually remodeled to keep the property as fresh as possible. I cannot thank you enough for taking notice and sharing.
Our staff and I truly appreciate your time, and thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Lansing. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you again!
Parma, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from a one night stay this hotel for a one night. I am not quite sure how to review this hotel. Yes, the staff was very friendly. Our room was clean. The bed and pillows wwere very comfortable. If I'm reviewing this hotel based on these factors, then it gets 5 stars.

However (and it seemed to have been a busy weeken, too) , the noise level was a bit too much for me. And this is where I hesitate giving this hotel a bad review because i don't think it's their fault that some people think it's ok to have their kids running up and down the hall until 11:30PM. It also didn't help that I was woken up at 5:00AM because some idiot was yelling outside (we were on the second flr) saying goodbye to someone.

We didn't try the free breakfast because we just wanted to get out of there after having woken up so early. It really was the last straw. Again, let me say that i can't blame this hotel for some people's lack of manners but I don't think we would consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013
Josh S, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Your kind words and notes for improvement are much appreciated. I am so very sorry for the noise you encountered while staying at our hotel. This is not typical of a usual day at our property, and to that I sincerely apologize. If there is anything I can do for the chance to serve you and your family while visiting Lansing next time, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. I would love for the opportunity to speak with you further.
Thank you again for your time and choosing the Comfort Inn Lansing. I hope we may have another chance to serve you.
South Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very clean, newly updated rooms and a staff that went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable! Don't let the great price fool you, this was a better stay than many of the high dollar hotels we have stayed in!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you very much for the kind words regarding your stay. We are delighted you saw the value and service our hotel has to offer.
Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance. Wishing you safe travels!
Bloomington, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Front Desk staff was awesome!!! I booked a whirlpool suite but did not use it. The bed was very comfortable. The room had a musty smell and when I moved one of the end tables to plug something in it was disgusting. They should vacuum behind tables and chairs in addition to just the carpet. I feel the price was a little steep for the condition of the room. Needs some updating. It was nice however, that they had breakfast ready before 6am. With an early flight I had to leave at 4:45 am and front desk let me know it was ready. She also printed out directions for me to the airport. The only reason I rated it average was the condition of the room needing updating and more cleaning behind tables.

Hi Terri,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience along with a recommendation to make your stay better. This is greatly appreciated and will be addressed immediately!
If we may be of any further assistance at all, please do not hesitate to contact our team. We hope to see you again!
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The room was great and front desk staff was extremely nice and generous to us. Sheila, who works at the front desk, was wonderful! We also like the pool/jacuzzi area. We would recommend staying here to anyone on business or with families.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon Laura,

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Lansing and taking the time to review. We truly appreciate this kind gesture!
I will be certain to let Sheila know that she made your stay wonderful. She is a wonderful asset to our team. Taking the time to mention a name that stood out during your stay means a lot!
Thank you again and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again!
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Nice pool, clean room, comfortable bed (two pillows each of soft and firm), plenty of choices at breakfast. BUT, only one complaint this time - we brought leftovers from Olive Garden where we had eaten lunch and put them in the room fridge. When we went to check out the next morning and retrieved our food, we discovered that it was WARM! The dial was turned up, but then discovered the fridge was unplugged. I had one very disappointed child when I told her that her planned lunch had to be thrown away. I don't know if it's standard that the fridges are left unplugged, but if they are, it might be nice to leave a sign telling us. (There are signs for laundry and signs re: the pillows, so why not a sign that if you are using the fridge, the guest will have to plug it in?)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. We love to hear of the many great experiences we can provide.
I must sincerely apologize again for your Olive Garden meal being spoiled. Be assured that we do not turn off the refrigerators in our guestrooms. I am very sorry as our staff failed to assure the refrigerators working condition before check-in as it appears the guest before must have unplugged the unit.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!