“The employees were awesome!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Lansing
Columbus, OH
“The employees were awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

The staff were very friendly and accomodating. The room was nice and spacious. This hotel has nice basketball court, pool and fitness center. I would definitely stay again. I left my shoes in the room. I called and I had them back the very next day. Great service!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
cookie2009, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, July 13, 2009
We’re very proud of our staff and they never tire of hearing kind words from guests like you! Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
sadie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

The Residence Inn is, and always has been, a great hotel to stay. We use the Residence Inn for our Board members to stay at when we hold Board meetings in Lansing. All of the Board members enjoy staying at the Residence Inn.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
cookie2009, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, July 8, 2009
We’re always happy to hear from our family of travelers and make a point of passing your kind words on to our superb staff who make it all possible. Thank you!
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

If your looking for a nice place to stay for pleasure or for work, and you're in west Lansing Michigan, I would reccommend the Residence Inn on Delta Commerce Drive.
The grounds are very well kept and they try very hard to keep it that way. When I was there, I saw one of the desk clerks working on the garden. When I talked to her about why she was doing what she was, she stated " The other flowers they had planted had died, and they wanted to keep the grounds looking nice". Well that impressed me. Here was a worker that enjoyed what she was doing and cared about the way things looked at her place of employment.
The food was typical hotel food with nothing out of the ordinary. But wasn't bad.
The room was clean and well kept on a regular basis.
The decor was on the old side of things but not run down. They could probably use an upgrade.
The location of the Hotel was excellent. Restuarants and shopping were very close within walking distance.
I did not use any of the other amenities like the pool area or fitness center. But it looked in very good shape and clean.
I'm planning a trip to go back next week for business and have not considered looking at any other hotel. I'm making my reservations back at the Marriott Residence Inn. Marriott has not let me down.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Our resident gardener is Victoria, who works as hard with our flowers as she does behind the front desk as our guest service agent, taking your reservations, checking you in, and making your stay as comfortable as possible! But then, all of our folks are exceptional at what they do; in the current parlance of the day…”that’s just how we roll!” Come back and see us soon, won’t you?
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

Great knowledgable staff that knew the area and had great recommendations for fun things to see and do....The complementary breakfasts and dinners were great. I did not have to worry and plan my meals. The pool was very relaxing. The room was like home..living room, full kitchen (with dishwasher). Thank You!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
cookie2009, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, June 29, 2009
Thank you for the kind words! We’re really looking at all the details of your stay with us and believe that every bit of it matters. And each review of our performance tells us what we need to know to do an even better job, so thanks for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing, and come again soon!
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

I stayed at this hotel several times over the last few months while working on contract in Lansing. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are large and comfy, and the food served morning and evening kept me full and happy when I was too tired to venture out.

When I wasn't too tired, Ukai Sushi and Hibachi was just a short walk away, with excellent, fresh sushi and more friendly staff. Excellent value on the happy hour menu.

I stayed at this hotel because it was the one the company I was working for has a contract with. But if I have to go back to Lansing for another reason, I would love to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
cookie2009, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, June 25, 2009
Thank you for your kind words on our hotel and staff. We use your reviews in our morning huddles with all staff at the start of our workday to note what’s going well in the hotel and what may need correction. These short meetings are critical to making certain that we’re aware of any issues that need to be addressed and also to praise staff for a job well done! Quality assurance is the shared responsibility of all of our folks, from Rich, our general manager to Mark, our maintenance tech, and all in between.

And we receive many wonderful comments on the famous Ukai Sushi and Hibachi Steak House, located just a few steps from the hotel and have it prominently listed on our website under nearby fine restaurants, bistros and cafes.

We’re glad that your work brought you to Lansing and invite you to come visit us again soon at the Lansing Residence Inn!
somerset, nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

This is the contracted hotel for my company anytime travel involves Lansing. The staff work very hard at making you feel at home, and were ready to assist with any task that they were asked. I traveled with my dog, and they were as friendly and courteous to him as to any other guest. When announcing that I came with a dog, I immediately received a room on the ground floor close to the door which made entry and exit very convenient. Knowing that a wholesome hot breakfast was waiting also made it easier to get up in the mornings, while having the full kitchen which was separate from the bedroom gave the feeling of home and convenience anytime. The rooms are all in good shape with no stains or peeling wallpaper. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
cookie2009, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, June 24, 2009
We appreciate having every member of your family stay with us when you’re traveling, and that includes those little furry guys who are always there, so anxiously awaiting our return at the end of a long and busy day. My little guy, Petey, a ten year old Pomeranian, appears on our web site, and loves traveling with us as well, so I appreciate those hotels that provide us with this option. After all, who wants to be left behind when everyone else in the family gets to go on vacation?

And on behalf of our great staff at the Lansing Residence Inn, thanks for your very kind words, and we’ll see you on your next trip to Lansing!
Lansing
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

My job makes it necessary that I be away from home several days most weeks. I frequently choose this motel while I am away. The staff are extremely friendly and make my stay feel as close to home as is possible. They do their best to accommadate any special requests I may have both for business and personal needs.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Making you feel as though you’re as close to home as possible, even when you’re here in Lansing on business is our mission at the Lansing Residence Inn. We want you to come home each evening and simply relax, and perhaps have a cool drink out on our patio and watch the sun go down in the western sky. Or suit up and float around for a few minutes in our indoor pool or spa, and let your cares of the day evaporate as the soothing waters work their magic. Or work it on out in our 24 hour exercise room and walk the treadmill from here to Grand Rapids and back before dinner. Or if it’s something even more taxing you’re after, go shoot a few hundred hoops out on our sport court, all the while, soaking up the last rays of the days’ sunlight, and stir up the friendly competition among other fellow Residence Inn “hoopsters.”

What’s important is that you’re home now, and the remains of the day are all yours. And our great thanks for each and every time you come back to stay with us at the Lansing Residence Inn!

Been to Residence Inn Lansing West? Share your experiences!