“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Lansing West

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Lansing West to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Lansing West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   925 South Creyts Road, Lansing, MI 48917 (Formerly Sheraton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Lansing
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was in Lansing overnight for business. This hotel offered very friendly reservation service. I arrived in the late evening and somehow the rate that I had used in my reservation was not reflected at check-in, but the problem was quickly remedied by the front desk. I arrived too late for their cookies and milk service, but they accommodated me and sent some up. That was a nice perk. I was also impressed that the pool, hot tub, and fitness center are open 24 hours. The room was comfortable and clean.

As others have stated, is hotel is a few minutes drive from downtown Lansing, but is very convenient.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
The Prairie, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

As an IHG member, I try to stay in their group of hotels. Because of this, I stayed here recently on a trip to Lansing, though it was not the most conveniently located hotel for my needs. It was my first trip to Lansing, and it's actually very easy to get around the city, so the location worked out just fine.

The staff was friendly; more importantly, the room was clean, comfortable, and very quiet. As someone else noted, the alarm clock was bright; I too covered it up with a pillow (I used my phone as my alarm). Unlike most other places I've stayed, the pool/whirlpool area is open 24 hours. And, the Crowne Plaza has toiletries that smell divine. I would definitely stay here again.

Waterford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I say in an unexpected place, because this Hotel is located outside a metropolitan area, and away from a downtown. This hotel caters to the business traveler, but can suit families, and recreational guests as well. At every turn, guest satisfaction seems to be the goal of each staff member.

The room was very comfortable, clean, and offered typical amenities one would expect. The bed was luxurious, and very comfortable. The A/C was really cold, and that is important to me. I was not in the room often however, due to a conference I was attending there.

The convention space was very well appointed. Lots of space, comfortable seating, good lighting, and the banquet staff kept the food and beverage well stocked. The food was great.

I had the opportunity to eat breakfast and lunch food daily as part of the conference, and the food was high quality. I was not disappointed in the least. I also had a chance to eat at Bordeaux, the hotel restaurant/bar.

The food at Bordeaux, was a continuation of service and quality in food. The atmosphere was inviting for socializing, and meeting others. The food good, and the beverages good, and reasonably priced. I also checked out the pool.

The pool is very relaxing, and inviting. It is nothing special, but it is clean, and nice. Lots of poolside seating, and a nice hot tub.

If you need a nice place to stay in the Lansing area, this is the place! I will be back!

Room Tip: If available, the top floor is the club floor, ask for a room there.
Hightstown, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I brought a team of eight to the hotel for a three night stay. Our connecting flight from Chicago was cancelled and we and to stay overnight in Chicago. I called the Crowne Plaza around 10:00 p.m. to inform them fully expecting to be charge for the night due to the late cancellation, but we were not charged. We arrive early the next morning before the usual check out time and were checked in with no problems. The front desk staff was very friendly and eagerly accommodated any special requests.

During our stay, we used a conference room for meetings, and ordered lunches from the restaurant, and pre-ordered dinner from the banquet facilities. The set up was ready as requested. Meals were very good and the wait staff was efficient. The various managers check with me several times to verify everything was satisfactory. I felt like they really cared about us.

I had a king suite which was very spacious and nicely decorated. The bed and furnishings were very comfortable. In general, the common areas are spacious without being overwhelming.

I only had minor problem that was handled promptly. A group of smokers making noise outside my window late at night. I called the front desk and within a minute they were gone. The front desk manager checked with me the next day to find out if I was happy with the way they handled it. I told her that I was impressed that they took care of it so quickly.

The Crowne Plaza was the best hotel we had on our two week trip. They set the bar very high. We could not ask for anything more. It will be our hotel of choice next time I bring a team to Lansing.

Room Tip: As with most hotels, avoid rooms near the elevator bank if you like quiet. This hotel only has two...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CrownePlazaLansing, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lansing West, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Michael,

It was such a pleasure having you and your group stay with us and utilize our meeting spaces. I'm glad you were also able to experience our restaurant, Bordeaux, and enjoyed the menu offerings. When you said that you felt it was the best hotel your group stayed at during your two week trip, that really hit home. Our team works very hard to maintain our reputation as the premier hotel in Lansing, Michigan and, most importantly, to provide the best guest experiences that we can. Thank you so much for all your kind words. It means a lot and we've already shared them with our staff.

Looking forward to your next visit,
Tammy Pease, CHRM, CTA
green bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Bed was wonderfully plush. Asked for wall street journal but only got it first morning, then they forgot. Second night found they replaced bedside clock, did not bother to set time! Its light was so bright you could read by it. Had to put a pillow over it, and what good is a clock with pillow over it?

• Stayed May 2014
CrownePlazaLansing, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lansing West, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our plush beds. I apologize that we missed the delivery of your newspaper on the second morning and will speak with our staff about it. In regards to the bedside clock, we recently upgraded to brand new clocks for all of our guest rooms, which feature a convenient iPhone/iPod dock. There is a button located on the top of the clock which allows the brightness of the LED screen to be adjusted, based on your personal preference. Please feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do to be of further assistance. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

In the spirit of hospitality,
Tammy Pease, CTA
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Good business trip, the room was great, king size bed so comfy, and the food good.
The staff was very accommodating and the transfers were right on time. Check in was very timely and the front desk very attentive when asked for an upgrade.

Dear 'travelgal1994',

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and others. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our plush bedding and your visit to our restaurant during your stay. Your compliments about our guest service mean a lot and I have shared them with our team. We look forward to your next visit!

In the spirit of hospitality,
Tammy Pease, CHRM, CTA
Kinross, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I booked at this hotel due to the convenience of staying at the same location as the 2-day meeting which I am facilitating/presenting. Unfortunately, when I arrived this evening they didn't have a room for me. The most frustrating aspect of this was that I had called just a couple of hours before to double check that there were no problems with the reservation. I knew I would be arriving late and hate to have to deal with hotel issues when I am that tired. When I arrived, I was informed that due to leaking ceilings in several of the rooms, I would have to stay elsewhere. When I inquired whether or not I was the last check in of the night, I was told that they still had one room left, but that was being held for a "VIP" - not what I wanted to hear at that point. I do understand that issues happen, but I would've have really appreciated the courtesy of a phone call or email as soon as they discovered the issue.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lansing West, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Rachel F,

Thank you for leaving us a review regarding your recent stay. We are sincerely sorry that this stay was a disappointment. We have sent you a private message to discuss.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Lansing West? Share your experiences!