“Phenomenal Service for the Business Traveler” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Lansing West

You added Crowne Plaza Lansing West to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Lansing West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   925 South Creyts Road, Lansing, MI 48917 (Formerly Sheraton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Lansing
Hightstown, NJ
“Phenomenal Service for the Business Traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I brought a team of eight to the hotel for a three night stay. Our connecting flight from Chicago was cancelled and we and to stay overnight in Chicago. I called the Crowne Plaza around 10:00 p.m. to inform them fully expecting to be charge for the night due to the late cancellation, but we were not charged. We arrive early the next morning before the usual check out time and were checked in with no problems. The front desk staff was very friendly and eagerly accommodated any special requests.

During our stay, we used a conference room for meetings, and ordered lunches from the restaurant, and pre-ordered dinner from the banquet facilities. The set up was ready as requested. Meals were very good and the wait staff was efficient. The various managers check with me several times to verify everything was satisfactory. I felt like they really cared about us.

I had a king suite which was very spacious and nicely decorated. The bed and furnishings were very comfortable. In general, the common areas are spacious without being overwhelming.

I only had minor problem that was handled promptly. A group of smokers making noise outside my window late at night. I called the front desk and within a minute they were gone. The front desk manager checked with me the next day to find out if I was happy with the way they handled it. I told her that I was impressed that they took care of it so quickly.

The Crowne Plaza was the best hotel we had on our two week trip. They set the bar very high. We could not ask for anything more. It will be our hotel of choice next time I bring a team to Lansing.

Room Tip: As with most hotels, avoid rooms near the elevator bank if you like quiet. This hotel only has two...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CrownePlazaLansing, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lansing West, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Michael,

It was such a pleasure having you and your group stay with us and utilize our meeting spaces. I'm glad you were also able to experience our restaurant, Bordeaux, and enjoyed the menu offerings. When you said that you felt it was the best hotel your group stayed at during your two week trip, that really hit home. Our team works very hard to maintain our reputation as the premier hotel in Lansing, Michigan and, most importantly, to provide the best guest experiences that we can. Thank you so much for all your kind words. It means a lot and we've already shared them with our staff.

Looking forward to your next visit,
Tammy Pease, CHRM, CTA
Director of Revenue & Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
green bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Bed was wonderfully plush. Asked for wall street journal but only got it first morning, then they forgot. Second night found they replaced bedside clock, did not bother to set time! Its light was so bright you could read by it. Had to put a pillow over it, and what good is a clock with pillow over it?

• Stayed May 2014
CrownePlazaLansing, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lansing West, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our plush beds. I apologize that we missed the delivery of your newspaper on the second morning and will speak with our staff about it. In regards to the bedside clock, we recently upgraded to brand new clocks for all of our guest rooms, which feature a convenient iPhone/iPod dock. There is a button located on the top of the clock which allows the brightness of the LED screen to be adjusted, based on your personal preference. Please feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do to be of further assistance. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

In the spirit of hospitality,
Tammy Pease, CTA
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Good business trip, the room was great, king size bed so comfy, and the food good.
The staff was very accommodating and the transfers were right on time. Check in was very timely and the front desk very attentive when asked for an upgrade.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear 'travelgal1994',

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and others. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our plush bedding and your visit to our restaurant during your stay. Your compliments about our guest service mean a lot and I have shared them with our team. We look forward to your next visit!

In the spirit of hospitality,
Tammy Pease, CHRM, CTA
Kinross, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I booked at this hotel due to the convenience of staying at the same location as the 2-day meeting which I am facilitating/presenting. Unfortunately, when I arrived this evening they didn't have a room for me. The most frustrating aspect of this was that I had called just a couple of hours before to double check that there were no problems with the reservation. I knew I would be arriving late and hate to have to deal with hotel issues when I am that tired. When I arrived, I was informed that due to leaking ceilings in several of the rooms, I would have to stay elsewhere. When I inquired whether or not I was the last check in of the night, I was told that they still had one room left, but that was being held for a "VIP" - not what I wanted to hear at that point. I do understand that issues happen, but I would've have really appreciated the courtesy of a phone call or email as soon as they discovered the issue.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lansing West, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Rachel F,

Thank you for leaving us a review regarding your recent stay. We are sincerely sorry that this stay was a disappointment. We have sent you a private message to discuss.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

we stayed at this hotel for a bowling tournament.it is such a lovely hotel.everything is neat and clean.the staff is all very friendly.the pool towels were always stocked.every part of the hotel was well maintained.I loved the in room amenitys.my room was very fresh and clean. Being an executive housekeeper myself I have deep inspections.my room passed with flying colors! the exercise room is top of the line! the basketball court and the game room was a nice touch for my children.my family and I had a very nice time at the hotel.if I ever come back to Lansing I will visit again! good job to all the staff here-

• Stayed March 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The deteriorating weather made it impossible to push on through with our itinerary, so we pulled off at the Crown Plaza, and are we glad we did! The staff was friendly and welcoming and Bordeaux was a delightful restaurant with affordable prices and hefty portions. The $9.95 breakfast buffet was just icing on the cake. The room was fresh and inviting and I was totally comfortable with the great mattress and other amenities in the very well appointed room. My colleagues and I were so happy to have this wonderful hotel to shelter from the storm!

Room Tip: High floor away from elevators
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Grand Traverse County, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have stayed in a fair amount of hotels and this is one of the nicer ones in my opinion. Front desk staff is top notch, bar staff is top notch, the rooms were well appointed (clean and confortable). The free wireless was adequate and my room (on the 4th floor) was very quiet. I will be staying again soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Lansing West? Share your experiences!