“Nice Place... Great rooms.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Lansing West

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Lansing West to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Lansing West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   925 South Creyts Road, Lansing, MI 48917 (Formerly Sheraton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Lansing
Manistee, MI
“Nice Place... Great rooms.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have stayed in a fair amount of hotels and this is one of the nicer ones in my opinion. Front desk staff is top notch, bar staff is top notch, the rooms were well appointed (clean and confortable). The free wireless was adequate and my room (on the 4th floor) was very quiet. I will be staying again soon.

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Frankenmuth, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and it never disappoints me. The entry is great the rooms are great the linens are great the location is good. This is a nice hotel for the price. I would recommend the hotel to include 2 bars of soap in the bathrooms and add linen bath mats when you step out of the showers. I will stay again if I am in the area.

Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I was there for business on 02/12 spent the night, had room service for breakfast and used the wifi for some quick work. Overall it was clean, comfortable bed and good food. I stayed on the second floor and slept very well. The down side is that men's restrooms were down to one toilet during our convention...which was not good considering we were at the near capacity of the room and there was also another convention next door.

Room Tip: King bed was nice on second floor. There was rust on the stopper in the sink which was odd. Ironing...
East Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This hotel property may be newly remodeled but the service is terrible. The desk clerks and managers are terrible at customer service. Please do yourselves a favor and hire some more experienced staff, the current ones have no idea what it takes to work in hospitality. I do not recommend that any person give their hard earned money to this place. To say the customer service here is 'one-star' is a compliment, but -5 stars is not an option unfortunately.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, poor customer service.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaLansing, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lansing West, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear leathodz,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Feedback from our guests allows us to continually improve. The experience you described is uncharacteristic of the level of service our team strives to provide (and which the majority of reviewers rave about). Since the review was rather vague, we would like to learn the details of your visit and how we can make it right. I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me (Tammy Pease at 517-323-7100). We look forward to hearing from you soon and wish you the very best.

Tammy Pease, CTA
Director of Revenue & Guest Services
Fostoria, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in October at a business conference. Rooms were nice, beds great. Ordered room service for dinner the first night and found it very good. It was about 8:00pm in the evening, but they let us order off the lunch menu. If you're looking for a place to hold a conference this was a very good venue. We had around 300 people for the conference and various venders as well. The space they gave us for the sessions were adequate and they were very quick about opening the rooms up at lunch time. The lunch was excellent. I get so tired of having the same old lunch wraps at these conferences, so having a chicken and pasta lunch (all female conference) was a nice choice. The vender space was a bit tight, but that should be fixed next year as to the fact that I don't think the hotel realized the actual space the venders would use because there was adequate space if they had branched out a bit. Overall this gets a great rating from me for business travel and conference purposes.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza on business. I arrived later in the evening, but was greeted and checked in promptly and politely. In addition to the reservations staff, there was a manager standing by to explain the new renovations; they were very proud of them and I understand why.

The lobby and hallways were clean with attractively modern and streamlined decor. The guestroom was easy to find and I heard no extraneous noises once I was ensconced within. All aspects of this hotel room were excellent. It smelled clean and had modern air system so that one could adjust the heat/air themselves. The bed was heavenly; the linens crisp and clean, and well made. More than anything, I slept great in that bed! Just like everything else, the bathroom was clean and modern with all of the amenities one would need.

Some of the smaller things that I especially liked was that the room seemed designed for the business traveler like me. I was greeted by packages of their Sleep Advantage(R) spa-type products. Also, there was a separate dressing area with sink across from closet. I liked being able to separate my makeup and hair products from other products like my toothbrush that I've had to store together in restrooms of other hotels. Just my own little preference here.

Overall, I had a great stay at this hotel. Only a few minor things occurred that were annoyances worth mentioning, but did not really affect my stay. First, I had a hard time changing the channel on the TV without pointing it directly at the set. Second, the TV-based interactive check-out feature did not work. We dined on their breakfast buffet the next day and the food was mediocre and not warm, but the service was fast and polite. I would stay here again and would recommend that others do as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaLansing, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lansing West, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Crysha,

Thank you so much for all the kind words! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Lansing West and our beautiful renovations. We put a lot of thought into each upgrade, so we appreciate your feedback on the amenities. Thank you for sharing your photos as well! We will share your comments regarding the TV remote and check-out feature with our maintenance crew. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Cindy L. Bowen, CHA, CTA
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I work for an Association that puts on continuing ed for professionals in Michigan and surrounding States. This work has me on the road, staying and coordinating activities at many hotels and conference centers; this also allows me to see many aspects of hotels that a typical guest would not. It is from this perspective that I'm writing this review.

Guest rooms: 5/5. The rooms are nice size; the furnishings are all updated, fresh and clean. The bathroom is spacious and very clean, the bed itself is comfortable and I can sleep very well. There has never been a time when I had issues with noise from another room or from the hallway. I have allergies, and I actually travel with an air cleaner because of this. The guest rooms here are never a problem for me, no dust, mold, mildew, febreeze or musty odors. The Housecleaning staff does an amazing job! As an extra touch, around 8:00 at night they have a cookie and milk service!, seriously, they knock at your door and offer you a cookie and milk! just another sweet, home like touch.

From the banquet perspective: Because we hold events at various locations, I work with many people. Banquet rooms are always clean and comfortable; banquet meals are excellent, fresh and on time. Service staff is always available and willing to do everything they can to make your event a good one.

I take our speakers to lunch or dinner at the restaurant when we're there; the food is fresh, tastes wonderful and is reasonably priced and the service is great. My Husband and I have come here for Easter brunch, and that is amazing; all the food is prepared perfectly, the flavors and selections are great...you cannot go wrong with anything on the menu in the restaurant, or if you go there for a special event either.

I have to tell you that everyone, from the front desk, to maintenance, service staff, banquet, housekeeping, admin, restaurant staff, every single person I have had the pleasure to work with has shown a level of commitment that you don't often see in a hotel or conference center and it shows throughout the facility.

I know this is not your typical review, but since I see so many aspects of their operations, I wanted to pass it along so that any user could have some insight.

Room Tip: Personally, I prefer the 4th or 5th floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear JRHLansing_MI,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Crowne Plaza Lansing West and Bordeaux restaurant. We strive to provide thoughtful amenities and outstanding service, so we appreciate feedback from guests like yourself. We will share your comments with our staff and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Cindy L. Bowen, CHA, CTA

Been to Crowne Plaza Lansing West? Share your experiences!