“Really nice hotel. Great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Lansing
“Really nice hotel. Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel! The room service was pricey and the rooms are a little smaller but I had a very nice stay. House keepers were very friendly! Also, a friend of mine stayed with me and she actually left her brand new $500 nook in the hotel. When we got home we immediately called them and told them what happened. They sent it back to us and she didn't have to pay and fees.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Sarnia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

There is not many options for hotels directly downtown Lansing. Hotel is walkable to many restaurants and located across from the river. Staff were very friendly and accomodating to many in our group even though the hotel was very busy with the Common Ground Festival and the Colour Run.
Our room was very basic, a traditional double, but was clean, and well supplied.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I'm staying at the hotel right now with my kids and I'm surprised that a hotel like this has service like this. When I arrived there wasn't anyone to take my keys for valet. I unloaded my car and walked in and finally found a person. The checking in process was normal, not great but not bad. However, we went to dinner at the restaurtant and I wouldn't recommend it. The food seemed frozen and heated and it look way to long for that kind of food. After dinner went to the front desk to ask for directions and they told me what I wanted wasn't in the area. I did some exploring on my phone and found what I was looking for three block away. I made sure the front desk knew it was only three block away when I returned and the person I talked to didn't seem to care that I was told all of the wrong information. Matter of fact he knew what I was looking for was in the area.

The hotel room is normal to fair with a bathroom that needs help. The walls and doors are very thin, as I can hear everything around us. Not really looking forward to trying to get my kids to sleep tonight.

I would recommend finding a different hotel in the area, as I don't see any advantage of of staying at this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
bmj0326, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Julie,

I wanted to personally apologize for the experience that you recently had at our hotel. These types of issues are not the way that I would expect our team to operate. I have addressed your comments with our operations’ managers to grow from.

Please accept my apology, and feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if I can be of assistance further or for future stays.

Best Regards,
Bryan Johnson
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

June 2013, the Lansing Radisson was the conference hotel of a state-wide literacy professional development series on teaching writing. Many of our facilitators and participants stayed at the Radisson and several break outs were held in their conference rooms. For five days, hotel personnel helped us in every way possible. The staff was very flexible and accommodating helping participant find great venues for dinner as well as making copies of last minute handouts.

The accommodations were comfortable and clean. Parking and security was right on. Thank you for helping us make this conference for 700 Michigan educators a success.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Gaylord, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Hotel is the place to stay for Capitol eve nts. Do visit. The beds are excellent. The staff are happy to provide ex cption service. Make sure to visit the local business. The hotel pool was nice.

• Stayed July 2013
Fowlerville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We've stayed here several times and enjoy the clean comfortable rooms. Service is great by all! Valet parking is not overpriced. Close to the Lansing Lugnuts baseball stadium, which is a fun, inexpensive evening of entertainment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here for four nights and was impressed with the cleanliness of my room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Restaurants within walking distance. The only problem was only two of the three elevators were running. The hotel was filled with conference goers coming and going at the same time, it was often a long wait to catch the elevator. It was even worse on checkout day. However, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol? Share your experiences!