“Nice Place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Lansing
Stevens Point, WI
“Nice Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I recently had to stay here while traveling on business and I found the hotel to be very nice. It was more modern than I was expecting. The staff was very friendly and they had a Starbucks onsite, which is great for the business traveler. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable - no complaints here.

It is true that there aren't any elevators, but it was not an inconvenience at all for me since I had a one-nighter suitcase and dont mind the extra exercise:)

There is also a Mexican restaurant (La Senoritas) next door to the hotel that has fabulous margaritas. I would recommend going here as well!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Located right off the highway, yet had no noise! Quick and easy check in, updated lobby with small bar and good breakfast. Staff was very friendly and efficient. Rooms were very clean, bed was comfortable, and plenty of hot water,though not the most up to date. I will say that I don't expect top of the line when I'm not paying for it, either. The hotel was completely booked, yet i never had to wait in a line, nor would I have ever guessed it was full, as I never heard a peep while in my room which was close to the back entrance. I booked the room using a bid site, and got the room for a song. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Nice hotel near the highway and across the street from an outdoor mall with many restaurants, stores and a cinema. The beds were great - very firm. No noise from the highway. Clerk at check-in was less than friendly but the clerk at check-out was extremely friendly. Plush towels, very nice accomodations. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I have been to many hotels and I have had plenty of good and bad experiences. However, this was a hotel nightmare!! I will never stay at a Courtyard by Marriott ever again because of my experience at this location!! My husband and I wanted to provide feedback to hotel management their, which included pubic hairs found in our face towels and their horrible bed that felt like we were sleeping on concrete! I explained to management that myself, who happens to be pregnant, as well as my husband did not enjoy our experience. We got tossed around to different people, mocked and laughed at by the office manager, and disregarded as well as hung up on by the general manager!! Wow!! I expected SO MUCH MORE by an establishment which such high ratings!! WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I always stay here when I'm in Lansing. The location is great and you get a nice room that is inexpensive. Also, right across the street from a shopping mall...hmmmm, yes please!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Lexington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

The front desk personnel are very helpful and the rooms are big and very comfortable. There is a bistro in the lobby which is open for breakfast and dinner times that has a small selection of foods and drinks which makes it very convenient and at a reasonable price to eat those meals in the hotel when you're too exhausted to go out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I have stayed at this Courtyard several times. There always seems to be a problem when you stay here...."The internet is being fixed"..."The back doors aren't available due to construction". As Rosanna Rosannadanna would say, "It's always something". I desperately needed internet access to complete some work on a business trip in June, but their access made dial up look like a luxury. When I complained to the manager, I was told "my timing was perfect" because a new system was being installed the next morning. I had to go work at a coffee house to get anything done late at night. This hotel has a good location next to a shopping center with lots of amenities. But frankly, it's just not worth the trouble or hassle.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Lansing? Share your experiences!