“Inexpensive and Great Food!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 391 Restaurants in Lansing
Michigan
“Inexpensive and Great Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I love their Fish Tacos. I always think I will order something different, but always order the grilled fish tacos and am never disappointed. The onion ring appetizers are crunchy and a huge mound with dipping sauce. They have mini desserts which are a bit or two that just hit the spot and a good top off. The best price is the prices. We fed 5 people with appetizer and mini desserts and the bill was under $60. The dining area is a little noisy, but staff is friendly.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

East Lansing
“What a difference a fire makes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Dirty, disinterested manager, poor service. Used to go to Chessars before the fire that closed them for months. When they reopened I gave them one try. Manager lacked the foresight to even offer an incentive on a future visit to ensure I gave them a second chance. It was poor!!! I only went once and it was years ago.

Lansing, Michigan, United States
“what a nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

one of THE best restaurants in the greater Lansing area. unique and pleasant, this place has an awesome variety. even my kids have chosen several different things,ON THEIR OWN!

Visited August 2012
Lansing, Michigan
“Just Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

They have just average food. But they have a really nice fish tank. I wonder if that's where the fish in the picture came from?

Visited June 2012
East Lansing, MI
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I may have had unrealistically high expectations, but I thought my recent visit was good, but not great. Our waitress was friendly, but when we told her we just needed another minute to review the menu, she didn't come back for about 15. We were on lunch, so this cut into our eating time. A plus: she offered refills on beverages without being asked, which I appreciate. I ordered a Diet Dr. Pepper which is a rare find (big plus) but I found it to be a bit flat. Not flat enough to send it back, but flat enough to be disappointing.
I ordered a salad (Chicken Pecan with the maple cider viniagrette) which was good but nothing spectacular. The chicken was grilled and hot, but otherwise it was just lettuce, shredded cheese, grape tomatoes and pecans. Again, good, but not great. The crescent roll with glaze should have been great but it was a bit hard and possibly in the oven a bit too long. My lunch companions are regulars and they ordered the chips and salsa, and a refill on it, so it must have been good. I didn't have any. One ordered salmon, the other ordered fish as well, and both finished theirs.

Maybe I was too picky today but I can't give this four stars when I didn't walk away thinking how great my lunch was today.

Will I try it again sometime? Sure.

Visited October 2012