“very poor” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 23 hotels in Lansing
Beeton
“very poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My started with a very polite hostess who was very helpful but when I returned to sign is I was tested by a young man who was just putting in time. The room was very clean for the price and the bed comfortable. Breakfast, now that was a treat. The roof leaked and I mean a lot. The cutlery was wet, at least 6 buckets but the place was covered in water, the tile floors were slippery and the carpet soaken, tables and chairs wet, no staff around to change the bad milk and when I found one I was bothering her so after a half hour I left without breakfast. An other thing, the ONE waffle maker did not work right. I could go on but why bother.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

sunny q, General Manager at Days Inn and Banquet Center of Lansing, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
I’m concerned about the incident you experienced at Days Inn Lansing MI during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at reasonable price. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.
The Days Inn Lansing is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guest. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring.Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There’s no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Davison, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

On top of the poor conditions of the place. The bed was broken when we got there and they have placed a $250 charge on my credit card, stating I have to pay for it!!! I would stay far away from these people. Scam artist, is all I can say. Oh did I mention, there was no heat. Oh did I mention that the window would not shut completely. Oh did I mention that the window lock was broken, so technically we were exposed to anyone trying to enter from the outside.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sunny q, General Manager at Days Inn and Banquet Center of Lansing, responded to this review, January 17, 2013

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
GRAND LEDGE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I think the rooms were too expensive for shabbinees of the hotel. There were ants crawling on the floor in one of the rooms. We had 2 rooms for my grandson's birthday pool party. The rooms had a bad odor and they had multiple buckets out for the leaking roof. And I paid over $200 dollars. The desk staff were very nice. In the morning my son wanted to get breakfast but it was closed down at 9:45 am, when the sign said breakfast is served until 10:00am. The staff refused to give him any breakfast so we left.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

FOUNTAIN HILLS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have stayed here with my family many times over the years and it always has been a great place to stay. This last time the rooms and upkeep in general were very lacking. There where garbage cans all over the pool and gaming area because the condensation was dripping all over the place (this hasn't happened in the past). Also the towel rack in the bathroom was broken and only half repaired and there was still a dirty towel in the bathroom! There were people up partying until 4 a,m, We woke up in the morning to ants swarming the bathroom. I hope they get back on track because we have always really liked this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

sunny q, Manager at Days Inn and Banquet Center of Lansing, responded to this review, January 23, 2013

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
WYANDOTTE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The service staff were very helpful but our room was filthy. The bathroom toilet and sink were revolting with hairs, dust and urine stains on them. GROSS! There was black mold on the walls in a hallway. There was also general dirt and filth all over. The common area was FREEZING! Because of the pool and the glass ceiling there were water drips all over the floors. Breakfast was a joke. Waffle mix, apple juice, stale bread, and a toaster? Day 2 they were out of syrup. Not impressed at all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn and Banquet Center of Lansing? Share your experiences!