“Hospitable, cute and delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Detroit, Michigan
“Hospitable, cute and delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Upon entering, one could smell "freshness"...from the open doorway leading to the flower shop next door, and visual senses were heightened with bright decor. We ate breakfast which was served promptly along with good coffee. My egg scramble with gorgozola ($7) included potatoes or a salad which our server boxed to take away. The breads with choice of sourdough, wheat and marble rye appeared homemade. Coffee was good. Open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and the lunch and dinner menus made me want to go back to try more. Good, fresh food, much of which is from local sources!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lansing, Michigan
“Unfreindly day bartender”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have had two experiences at the Soup both times the food was excellent! The first time I went in it was dinner time and the bartenders names was Sophia or Sarah not sure, but she was excellent, friendly, and timely she made me feel very welcome as I was dinning alone. The next time I came for lunch sat at the bar and the bartender was less than friendly never seen her smile once. She made me feel like I was bothering her!! I loved the Soprano! but the service from the day bartender sucked! I will go back but not during the day!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Awesome, Cute Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The food for the four of us was good, according to each of us. Cubano sandwich, onion soup, grilled cheese and shrim salad all got great reviews at our table. The wall art was very interesting to look at while we were waiting. I will return to this place tomorrow for lunch without a doubt. What a greata find!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Athens, Georgia
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had smoked salmon benedict,but I feel a little disappointed about the salmon. However, the service is very great and hot choco is the best.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lansing, Michigan
“Service, please?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I love the food, particularly the soup flight that enables you to taste all soups on the board for the day. However, the service leaves much to be desired. The location is fine, and I have yet to be served a meal that was not delicious here, but there seems to be a disconnect in service. Upon being seated, you have to wait for someone to decide who your server will be. Once decided, there is usually a long wait for beverages and a longer wait to order, followed by a very long wait for food. Refills or alcohol reorders are more of an afterthought than anything. We'll go back, but not as often as we would if there was great service

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Soup Spoon Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Soup Spoon Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.