“***Owner Above State No-Smoking Ban****” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #99 of 366 Restaurants in Lansing
Cuisines: American, Irish
Lansing, Michigan
“***Owner Above State No-Smoking Ban****”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

I was in this bar tonight at appoximately september 21 into the morning of September 22 2010 when at 1:33 am I found I was next to a man who proceeded to smoke. i informed the bartender. a man identifying himself as the owner told me it was okay because the smoker was a friend of his and he could cover the fine. I informed him it was a violation of state law and had my drink taken away by the bartender upon the owner's instruction. Apparently this establishment is above the law. I hope the health department explains otherwise upon my request to have it inspected repeatedly for violations. Don't let me down Michigan. Make this law count. Question or comment's by the real owner or legislature or health department may be directed to my email mattdave2@gmail.com
NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lansing
“Not an Irish Restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

I have serious problems with this place. It's advertised as an Irish Restaurant, yet the menu is heavily mexican and any fried food that you can find elsewhere. They don't have any "real" Irish beers or Irish liquors on site, and specialize in margueritas and other fluffy drinks/shots that cater to the college crowd.

It's basically a college bar searching for an identity, serving up any/all food aimed to please drunk people. Not to say their food is awful, but that when you portray your establishment as an Irish pub and deliver something entirely different, it disappoints on many levels.

Lansing
“Horrible Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2008

I have been here multiple times and I have never had a good experience. The food is sub-par and the service is slow. There are plenty of other places to eat nearby, so there is no reason for dealing with this place.

Lansing MI
“No Guinness? You call yourself an "Irish" bar?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2008

Had you asked me not even six months ago my opinion of Brannigan's, I would have had you eating there every day. The food was great, service (and good looking waitresses) was excellent, and Guinness on tap. After today, I wouldn't even go in for a free shot of Jameson's (ok, for Jameson's I would!)
I was told by the clueless blond with the trendy eyeglasses that they "change their beers on tap everyday". Bullcrap meter going off! You don't swap out Guinness for some inferior Irish stout everyday! I know they have had problems with their taps and that Guinness is pretty strict on how to run the tap. Don't lie to me, say the taps don't work, not that you switched to the other stout because it was "smoother".
I sat there for a couple minutes then got up and left; I love the fish and chips, probably the best deal in town for lunch, but this little encounter left me pissed and unsatisfied...even her attempt to give me a free "taste" of the new stout failed to keep me in the building. Who drinks a shot of stout anyways? At least give me a free beer!
So for me, someone who usually eats there like 3-4 times a month, I give up. Enjoy serving some crappy Guinness knock-off, but I'm not going back til you either admit you can't handle Guinness on tap or figure out the problem.

East Lansing
“The food is amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2007

The food is amazing. My friends are reminiscent of the average 2nd grade class. Some don’t like green things, others avoid vegetables all together, far to many are vegetarian and the only thing we can agree on is a round of sambuca shots. However for a very reasonable price Branigan Brothers serves up huge portions and amazing food. I love everything I order and the Shepard’s pie is out of this world. Drink specials are great and more importantly service is friendly, quick and despite a menu twice the size you would expect the food comes out piping hot and pretty quick. I recommend it for a family dinner or a late night out. Always a good relaxing time. And two with drinks and tip can get out under $30 easily.