“Good but nothing out of the ordinary.” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Chinese
Berkley, Michigan
“Good but nothing out of the ordinary.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I've had food that's really good and other times there is a mistake with the order or isn't as good as the previous time.

Visited February 2012

“Experience since open”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

I've personally gone to this restaurant over probably a hundred times in this part decade, or since the new apple jade opened doors and I would like to say I've probably tried almost every dish on the menus. After reading some of these "1 star" reviews its too bad that they had bad experiences but I have never. The almond chicken came with plenty of chicken and the egg rolls are some of the best I've tried. I think the service can sometimes come to a halt when they're busy which is good for them but I don't really like waiting that much. The decor is o.k. but I'm here for the food so who cares.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Okemos, Michigan
“New Apple Jade is not as good as Apple Jade”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I have always loved Apple Jade and have been going for over 30 years. For my birthday we ordered delivery from Apple Jade only to discover it was now the New Apple Jade with a changed menu. We had two entrees and split egg rolls. The egg rolls were good but not great. One entree was better than the other but only average. The other entree was completely tastless. Additionally they don't have brown rice although the menu says they do. Really disappointing.

Visited October 2011
Lansing, MI
“Revising my former favorable review”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I ate at the "old" Apple Jade for many years. The food and service were absolutely wonderful. What a change with the new owners. The food now served is very bland and tasteless. The almond chicken was mostly green pepper chunks with little chicken or almonds. The tempura vegetables were soggy and no crisp as they used to be. The rice wasn't even good. So sad to see a once fantastic restaurant become so mediocre. I don't intend to eat there again.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“The very best Fried Rice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

I guess I've been spoiled by eating here, because I absolutely cannot order Chicken Fried Rice or Egg Rolls anywhere else. I don't know what they do differently, but I've never had Chinese food this good. I've moved away from Lansing, but whenever I am in town, I HAVE to eat here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere