“Holy Moly BBQ Galore!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 392 Restaurants in Lansing
Cuisines: Barbecue
Seattle, Washington
“Holy Moly BBQ Galore!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is a recently opened restaurant in Lansing's Oldtown (the coolest place in town). I heard from Kathy Dunbar that this was to die for and she wasn't kidding. They specialize in BBQ and offer the by far BEST ribs I have ever had (seriously fall off the bone). Racks are only offered after 4 pm so get there at 4:01 pm!! Home made sides are also excellent and I recommend the fresh cut fries, which come in several varieties. "Meat" is not for Halal or Kosher folks, indeed the opposite for "meatitarians". Pull pork is also delicious and you can get that at lunch. They only offer plastic forks which don't really work with the ribs; so use your fingers. Parking can be a challenge, but worth the walk! Plenty of food in one order could easily feed two average appetites. Also, they offer several different superb (home made) sauces to go with the meat; my favorite is sweet and sour cherry!!! This place is great, so if you dig meat, pork, ribs, etc., you HAVE TO CHECK THIS PLACE OUT.. They also have take out which is handy if you'd prefer your finger-licking in private. High praise here AAAAA+++++.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Clarkston, MI
“Inexpensive way to have a nice dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were in Old Town, Lansing for the Bluesfest on Saturday, September 22 and since we did not see any food vendors from whom we wanted to eat (and it was about 50 degrees, so too cold for us to actually sit outside and enjoy dinner) we ventured into MEAT Southern BBQ. The wait staff was friendly and the place actually exceeded my expectations (not much to look at from the outside). Inside was cozy, and waiter was pleasant and explained their specialities and their home made sauces. Food was very inexpensive $12. for one meal and $11. for another. They do not have a liquor license; so unfortunately a beer was out of the question, but it would have went down really nice with the ribs which I ordered. I got the ribs, and my partner got the brisket. We both thought the ribs were the better choice, but the brisket was good also. We would go here again if in Lansing. Next time I want to try the vinegar and pepper fries, that sounded really good.

• Visited September 2012