“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dover
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

In town for a night passing through. Very clean, good service and friendly staff. Breakfast was adequate and the hotel was in a central location. We were visiting Michigan State which was only a few minutes away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just back from three days here. They were restful, happy days - everything you want in a vacation. Yes, I originally missed that their hairdryer is in a bag hanging off the ironing board, but otherwise the room was perfect. Travel with my (very picky) mother can be stressful, but SpringHill Suites made it peaceful. She loved it, we both slept well, and the staff was friendly and welcoming the whole time.

Tip: Go early for breakfast to avoid the rush - this hotel is popular with families (I get why) but if you eat early you'll miss the kiddos.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Patrick B, Manager at SpringHill Suites Lansing, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hello,

I am so happy to hear that you were able to relax and take time to put your feet up while you were with us. During the summer months we definitely see an increase in team travel and families with kids. We are happy to have them stay with us, but your tip hit the nail right on the head about coming down early for breakfast. I hope that we will see you again in the future and again I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your time with us.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

First, ignore any concerns about earlier reviews talking about the renovations; they are done.

This Springhill suites was really clean and had a very new look. The bed was comfortable and the room had a small fridge and microwave that was very handy. The breakfast was good and there seemed to be plenty of room. Internet was free and was no trouble at all - no silly passwords or anything. The bathroom had a ventilation fan that most places don't have, which is nice. The workout room was nice - free weights and really nice treadmills and an elliptical.

Note - if you want a real suite (like a separate bedroom), this and most other Springhill Suites might not work; they have a half-wall separating the bedroom and living room. It's still nicer than a regular hotel room, but not quite a full-suite level of privacy.

Overall, we would probably stay here again if we were in the area. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick B, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Lansing, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Hello Professor Roy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know how your stay was. As you saw we are 99% done with our renovations and we are happy that you were able to enjoy our new suites. I hope that we see you again in the future. Again thank you for the kind words.
Mattawan, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I travel nearly 120 days a year and have seen many hotels who do it right, and many that do it wrong, but nowhere do they do it better than at Springhill Suites in Lansing, Mi. The property is always clean and I love the location, but it is the staff that absolutley makes this hotel. From the moment I walk in to the moment I leave I am treated like a special guest. The entire staff is friendly, always smiling and go out of there way to make my stay the best it can be. Without even asking, they go the extra mile and seem to truly love doing it. In fact my experience has been so good I have started staying at this property with my travel baseball team. Equally great treatment. One example of how well they take care of their guests...last week our team stayed and during our stay one of the little sisters got ill. As soon as the staff discovered the little girl was sick it was "all hands on deck"! Not only did they offer special meals that the lilttle girl would like, one of the staff members actually left the property to go to the local store as the hotel did not have her favorite Mac n Cheese. To take it a step further, they prepared the Mac n Cheese and delivered it to her room. The Mother from the team was so impressed she was almost in tears. Needless to say they continued to check on her througout the night and even extended the families checkout for the following day so she could rest. Bottomline, if you are staying within 60 miles of Lansing, choose Springhill Suites and you too will find yourself posting your review on Tripadvisor!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! Newly remodeled...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Chris,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to have you with us for both business travel and your sports team. Our staff always tries to go above and beyond all expectations. I am so glad that we were able to take care of you and your team. We will see you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed two nights over Easter weekend with the family. Yes, the hotel is being renovated, but does not in any way present an inconvenience it terms of the stay. Breakfast was great and there was plenty of room. No noise issues at all. And our room looked brand-new. Very spacious. Comfortable beds. Clean. Really terrific property. The woman at the front desk was very helpful and kind. And the location of the hotel was perfect for us. We'd definitely stay there again and recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Patrick B, Manager at SpringHill Suites Lansing, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hello hokierick,

Thank you so much for your kind words!! I am happy to announce that our renovation construction is coming to an end. I will pass along your comment to our front desk agents. Please come see us again as I think you will really be impressed with our new lobby.
Rockford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel was under construction, which I was notified of the week of our stay. I actually called to cancel our Friday night and that's when they told us. We did end up getting an email a day or two before our stay alerting us as well. While it is good that they told us, it would have been better to find out sooner in case we wanted to find a different place. But, despite the construction, we had a pleasant stay. It was a typical Spring Hill Suites, small pool, great breakfast. There was ample room for our family of 5 to be comfortable and not feel like we were on top of each other. The toilet paper roll in the bathroom was in a spot where our 6 year old couldn't reach, so that was odd. She either had to get off the toilet to get it or call for one of us. But, overall, good experience and would stay again.

Hello Familytravels8799,

Thank you for your response and thank you for staying with us. I am so glad that you decided to stay with us even during our construction. We did our best to ensure that the construction did not disrupt our guests stay. I am sorry to hear that the bathroom placement did not make for a great situation for your daughter, with the holders located on the adjacent wall I can see how this would be a problem for our younger guests. Please come back and see us now that our construction is at a minimum. Our lobby is done and I think you will really like the change.
Hale, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

It would have been nice to know the 3rd floor was under construction. The lack of carpeting made it extremely noisy. I would normally expect $$ off for this inconvenience but did not feel like waiting in line to discuss it with the management.
There was a boys basketball tournament in town, and the hotel was at or near capacity. The kitchen staff was not able to keep up with the mess being made at the breakfast buffet. Consequently, it got pretty nasty.
It is a stretch to call these suites. They are normal sized hotel rooms with a wall to split up the living areas.

Hello Reggaewanderer,

Thank you for your response and thank you for staying with us. I do apologize about the lack of carpet on the third floor. It did make the hallways noisier than they normally are. Our renovation is almost entirely done and I do invite you to come back and check us out. If you are in the area again please contact me personally and I will ensure that you are satisfied.

Been to SpringHill Suites Lansing? Share your experiences!