“Good for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Lansing
Kingston, Canada
“Good for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We decided to stay at the West Lansing location because it seemed closer to the highway.

The front staff wasn't super friendly, but it was later at night, so she may have been tired. The room was clean enough, but we didn't put any of our luggage on the floor because the carpet didn't appear to be in the best shape.

There was plenty of hot water and the beds were good enough to get a good night sleep. The morning staff were very friendly and were quick to make fresh coffee when notified they were running out.

For the price, I felt we got the value of our money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Lansing West location. I'm happy to hear you were happy with your stay. I will be sure share this with my staff. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Alpena, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have stayed at this location many times over the years, and they never disappoint. The people are great and go out of the way to make you feel like family. The guests are the same way, everyone is so friendly! Room is cheap and clean!

Room Tip: Get a second floor room, they are always better, and less used.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Lansing West location. We really appreciate the great comments, I will be sure to share them with my team. We truly thank you for your repeat business, and look forward to your next stay.
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel has gone down the hill. First room did not have working air conditioning. There were stains on bedspread in both rooms. People partying and cars coming and going at 4:30am. It appreared that some people were living there with their children. Children were begging for money for the candy machine. I won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansing Red Roof Inn, I'm very sorry you had a bad experience with us. I can assure you that the issues mentioned will be address immediately. This location is normally very quiet. Thank you again, and please contact me personally next time you are in the area, and I will assure you a great, quiet, clean room!
Scottville, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The property was cleanboth outside as well as my room. The manager and her staff went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable and all staff memebers I ran into on the property made a point to greet me. This is one of my favorite places to stay when I am in the Lansing Area for business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. I will be sure to share your comments with the team. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.
Yardley, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband, two children and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn for four nights. The rooms were in excellent condition and were clean. The hotel is in a quiet location, so sleeping was no problem. The location is great as there are lots of restaurant and fast food places nearby. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. I'm glad to hear you had a good stay, and enjoyed your room. I'll be sure to share the review with the rest of the team. We look forward to your next stay!
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed here from April 10 to the 12th of 2013. Before we even arrived for our stay, I had found out my credit card was charged for more than what the internet invoice quoted me. I had to call the hotel to have that corrected. After our arrival my friend and I were very upset in the cleanliness of the room and the lobby. From black fingerprints on walls, hairs in tub, filthy bedspreads, and floors not well vacummed, to the lobby looking like the floor hadn't been attended to in days, it was really disgusting. I did not report it to the person behind the desk because it seemed that the events going on with the employee/family member was more important than my stay. I have stayed here before and had a very clean room, clean lobby, and great staff attention. I did take pictures that I have decided not to show in fairness to the manager whom after I did a Red Roof survey, made it right. I also waited to write this review because I wanted to be fair. I do not know if I will stay at this Red Roof again because it was just that bad. I have stayed at many others that have been worth the price for the night. If everything had been better I would have written that the price at about $60 per night was good. I guess to be fair if your room is not clean and the staff ignores your presence, make yourself known and lodge the complaint. I will say this manager seems to care and after finding out about my stay, did make things right.

Room Tip: Check your invoices and your room before you stay!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. I'm glad I was able to assure you about my genuine care and appathy to your situation. I have made some changes since April and hope you will give us another try! Please contact me directly and I'd be more than happy to make sure your next stay is 100%!
lansing mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

the desk clerks have a great knowledge of the area and what activies were going on during our stay,nice places to eat ,around the area,the housekeepers need alittle more work on cleaness for each room

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Lansing West location. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, and I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team. We look forward to your next visit.

Been to Red Roof Inn Lansing West? Share your experiences!