“Recently renovated rooms!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 23 hotels in Lansing
Yardley, PA
“Recently renovated rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband, two children and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn for four nights. The rooms were in excellent condition and were clean. The hotel is in a quiet location, so sleeping was no problem. The location is great as there are lots of restaurant and fast food places nearby. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. I'm glad to hear you had a good stay, and enjoyed your room. I'll be sure to share the review with the rest of the team. We look forward to your next stay!

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed here from April 10 to the 12th of 2013. Before we even arrived for our stay, I had found out my credit card was charged for more than what the internet invoice quoted me. I had to call the hotel to have that corrected. After our arrival my friend and I were very upset in the cleanliness of the room and the lobby. From black fingerprints on walls, hairs in tub, filthy bedspreads, and floors not well vacummed, to the lobby looking like the floor hadn't been attended to in days, it was really disgusting. I did not report it to the person behind the desk because it seemed that the events going on with the employee/family member was more important than my stay. I have stayed here before and had a very clean room, clean lobby, and great staff attention. I did take pictures that I have decided not to show in fairness to the manager whom after I did a Red Roof survey, made it right. I also waited to write this review because I wanted to be fair. I do not know if I will stay at this Red Roof again because it was just that bad. I have stayed at many others that have been worth the price for the night. If everything had been better I would have written that the price at about $60 per night was good. I guess to be fair if your room is not clean and the staff ignores your presence, make yourself known and lodge the complaint. I will say this manager seems to care and after finding out about my stay, did make things right.

Room Tip: Check your invoices and your room before you stay!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. I'm glad I was able to assure you about my genuine care and appathy to your situation. I have made some changes since April and hope you will give us another try! Please contact me directly and I'd be more than happy to make sure your next stay is 100%!
lansing mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

the desk clerks have a great knowledge of the area and what activies were going on during our stay,nice places to eat ,around the area,the housekeepers need alittle more work on cleaness for each room

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Lansing West location. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, and I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team. We look forward to your next visit.
Waseca, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

First off, I got a great night's sleep here (which is important when I travel for work). Nice & quiet. The room was a little cramped, but not too bad.

The bad: Stayed 6 nights - got the room cleaned once. After a couple of nights without service, I had to get more clean towels from the front desk, and mentioned that we hadn't gotten our room cleaned. Didn't get a cleaning the rest of the stay, and on a hectic schedule, so i didn't have the time or energy to keep begging for service. Also, the "breakfast" is next to nothing, with one tiny table in front of the check-in desk to eat. On 2 of the mornings, there was no regular coffee. They don't start making more until someone mentions that the pot is empty, and business travelers just don't have time to wait. At other hotels, you can make a cup or 2 in your room, but this place doesn't have that, so you're at the mercy of the front desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Lansing West location. I'm glad you enjoyed the quiet area. I'm sorry to hear about your housekeeping experience, I will be sure to address this issue! We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms, and it's upsetting to hear when we have an issue. Also, we are working on getting coffee pots in all of our room, currently we only have them in our All Inclusive King rooms. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was traveling with someone and they did the check in, check out so no comment on that.

There is a Motel 6 next door but for the extra few dollars we decided to get a ‘nice’ room. The motel is the typical Red Roof layout, the rooms are nothing special, but the beds, bedding, etc would meet the standards of the Holiday Inn (I think). Even for someone as cheap as me, it was well worth the price of the room to have a nice bed and a good nights sleep.

No pictures on this one, the other person had their stuff laying all over the room by the time I got there.

No breakfast or pool, I like that. I am only paying for what I am using.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. I will be sure to share your review with the rest of my team. We are happy to hear you had a good stay with us and enjoyed our new beds. We look forward to your next visit!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed one night at this property after winning it on Priceline. I was impressed at the quality of the new furnishings for a budget hotel. The room was clean and the bed was especially comfortable. The staff member at the check-in desk was especially friendly. For a low-priced accommodation, I would be inclined to stay with Red Roof Inn in the future based on this experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We always strive to provide a great room at a low cost! We look forward to your next visit.
Saginaw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here for three nights and was happy with what I found! If you want a place to stay during the week for under $60 a night this place is good. My room was updated, clean and nice. The bed was amazing and the sheets and towels were all clean. I dealt with 3 employees during my stay and all were very helpful and nice. The outside does need some updates but I see from a previous post this is going to be addressed this summer. The room was small but comfy. There is no massive breakfast spread and no pool but if your looking for a place to sleep that is clean and safe and do not want to spend $100+ a night I would check this place out. I have to be in Lansing again next month and plan to return for three more nights!

My only minor complaint was the noise from outside. I was on the lower floor and everyone walking by could be heard and those walking by smoking smelled like they were in my room! I never asked to change floors/rooms so my fault for not asking. The outside door was old, thin, and did not close "airtight." I imagine this will be addressed this spring with exterior remodel items. If you're a light sleeper maybe ask for an upstairs room!

Overall very happy with my stay for what I paid! Thanks

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Lansing West location. We always strive to provide the very best for a reasonable price. As spring slowly approaches we are very excited to get outside and do some updates! Thank you again for the review, and we look forward to your next visit.

Been to Red Roof Inn Lansing West? Share your experiences!