“OK place if you need to stay in West Lansing” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Lansing West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7412 West Saginaw Highway, Lansing, MI 48917-1104   |
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Lansing
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“OK place if you need to stay in West Lansing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Fairly old and run down, but refurbished rooms with new beds and tv. Old carpets though, and weird light switches, supposedly energy saving but truly annoying. Staff were very nice, but some rough and noisy customers there the night we stayed. BK and a good grill with a nice menu and lots of local beers on tap in easy walking distance. RRIs always have coffee - this one had fruit, oatmeal, and granola bars for breakfast. I thought it was expensive for the conditions.

• Stayed March 2013
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Lansing West location. I'm glad you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms. I can assure you the exterior will get some attention as soon as it starts to warm up here in Michigan. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Norton Shores, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Attended a weekend meeting but friends stayed at near-by Motel 6.
We met there and it was, not dismal, but stoic.
They saved $10 but had no wi-fi, 2000 year old TV and prison-like walls.
I stayed in a REAL motel with zippy wi-fi and a nice room with 2 beds, nice bath and great TV.
Free coffee and professional staff made this discount visit seem like a mini vacation.

Room Tip: Back side (away from check-in side) was super quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our location. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of the team. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the value. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay!
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to rate this hotel. First, the positives. This hotel is clean, quiet, has great beds, beautiful rooms, and a great staff. It is also in an excellent location with many restaurants and places to shop. I had a great sleep because the beds are new and the pillows amazing! The lighting in the room is bright and ample. The negative is something that is mandated by the city and this hotel is not able to change it. They have been required to put light timers in every room! If you are not traveling alone I do not think you will have as much problem with this because someone will be moving around the room more often keeping the lights on. If you are alone you will have 8 minutes to get everything done before all the lights go off and you are left in total darkness. You will lay down to read and 8 minutes later the lights go off. They will come back on if you walk over to the door and wave in front of the timer to turn them back on every 8 minutes!!! First and foremost, this is a safety issue. I do not blame Red Roof for this problem because they have been mandated to do this when they renovated recently. I would stay here again because I had a great sleep but I would definitely bring a flashlight.

Room Tip: Bring a flashlight because the lights are on a timer!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our location. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team. We are currently in negotiations with corporate and the City of Lansing to see about a different lighting system for our rooms. Hopefully we will see some resolution soon! Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.
MAYFIELD HEIGHTS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is a typical outside-entrance Red Roof Inn with very nice upgraded rooms.

The rooms have a newer modern decor with excellent lighting, nice fixtures, flat screen tv and decent bedding. The room was quiet and the shower had decent pressure.

The beds are full size, not queen size but are comfortable.

So I would call this a better-than-average Red Roof Inn with decent pricing. It's a good value overall.

Room Tip: Upstairs is quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our location. We are very proud of the recent changes we have made to our rooms, and are happy you also enjoyed them. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay!
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I know, I know.... I shouldnt be suprised for what I paid (60.00 at the last minute) that the room smelled like smoke, that I found an ant crawling on my bed (what the heck? it was 20 degrees outside!), that the shower fixtures were broken away from the wall and that there was a used straw left behind the bathroom door.....but the early reviews said that it had been remodeled and it was only for one night after all.
On the plus side- I paid only 60.00, there were no bed bugs, the sheets seemed fresh and clean (other then the ant) and the heat worked well.
A far as remodeling my room or the one that my son stayed in next to mine, if they did remodel they didnt change the carpet because it still smelled like old stale smoke and they didnt change the bathroom floor tile (old and stained) and they didnt fix the shower fixtures that were pulled away from the wall. So if they remodeled these rooms they should fire the remodeler.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room that doesnt smell like smoke...if they have one
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. I'm very sorry your room did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that everything mentioned will be addressed! I hope that you will give us another try in the future. Thank you again for your time.
NORTON SHORES
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed 12/7 - 12/9 and immediately was impressed by the lobby and the price. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was beautiful and smelled new! The beds were AMAZING to sleep in, all I would wish for in that aspect were thicker blankets, however it looked as if the heating/cooling unit was new so keeping warm wasn't an issue. The TV was new, and produced amazing color and quality! I was very pleased with my stay, thank you so much for making such beautiful changes! And I had people on the other side of my room... didn't hear a thing!!

I would have to say the only thing I could think of that was slightly disappointing was the shower heads. Very harsh beating to get clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you very much for the kind review. We have worked very hard on our room upgrades, and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed them. I will be sure to share your review with the rest of the team. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay.
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed here just over 2 weeks when I moved to Lansing, while I was searching for permanent housing. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, recommending places when I asked and never a problem extending my stay till I found a place to live. They volunteered their "long term" rate since I stayed for over 2 weeks dropping my per night to less than $50. A great value. Housekeeping staff was friendly. Rooms appeared to be remodeled recently. Beds were very comfortable, flat screen TV, nice work desk, and the AC worked great. It was 90 degrees outside and always cool & comfortable in the room. I've recommended this place to others needing a hotel while in Lansing. Definitely recommend it. Oh, Horrock's market is next door. A great place for food and they have great free coffee and good salads and sandwiches in the deli.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive review. We have tried very hard to upgrade our rooms with best the industry has to offer, and I'm very glad you enjoyed them. My staff will also be very delighted to hear about your stay. We thank you very much! We look forward to your next visit.

Been to Red Roof Inn Lansing West? Share your experiences!