“Is there such a thing as a 1 1/2 star?” 2 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn Lansing East to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Lansing East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3615 Dunckel Road, Lansing, MI 48910   |
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Lansing
“Is there such a thing as a 1 1/2 star?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This was a room with a bed and a dingy bathroom. Nothing more and nothing less. There was no coffee maker, no hair dryer, no facial tissue, nothing. There was a dirty washcloth in the shower and the tub floor was discolored and dingy upon check-in. I believe this should be classified as a one star or at most, a one and a half star hotel.

Stayed December 2013
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond on trip advisor,I apologize that you did not have a great stay and that my staff did not clean your room properly upon check in. We try very hard to provide a clean comfortable room for all along with a friendly smile. We do have rooms available that do have both blow dryers and coffee makers as well as irons and ironing boards but they cost a little more than a standard room. Please try us again and we will upgrade you to a superior king or a deluxe two beds for the standard room price.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

In an emergent situation due to ice storm and no power at home, we went to the Red Roof in Lansing East. Very friendly staff, very accommodating, great cleaning staff, and dog friendly. I would highly recommend this motel. A special thanks to Kelly, Rita, Mark, Dave and Joel, hope I didn't forget anybody. Great job to the staff for kindly helping people and being understanding of the situation many were in, when a lot of Lansing has been without power for 3 + days. Thanks to all.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on trip advisor,
We appreciate your kind words and our staff try's very hard to provide clean comfortable rooms for all. I will share your kind thoughts with the staff and please visit us Gain in the near future.
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

This hotel has recently been renovated and it shows. The best part is the staff - Mary, Liz and Logan always greet me with a smile and bend over backwards to make sure my stay is pleasant. The cleaning staff does a good job also. This hotel is located in a very convenient location near MSU. I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thanks so much for responding to trip advisor, our goal is to provide all our guest with a great experience and to treat all guest the same way we ourselves would like to be treated when we travel. I will pass on your kind words to the staff and please visit us again soon, as we love return guest who become part of the Red Roof Inn Family.
Shepherd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My daughter and I arrived late to the Hotel. Logan met us at the front desk with the most amazing smile. We were dead beat tired and wanted fast and freindly service. She was quick to answer all questions. She told us she would handle all our request - and she did.

A special Thank You to Logan. We need you at every Hotel that we say at.!

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe, it is worth the money.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for responding on trip advisor and for your kind words about Logan and Lansing East. I am so glad we were able to exceed your expectation and delivery outstanding customer service. All the staff at Lansing East does everything possible to meet your needs and make your stay a great experience, please stay with us again the next time you are in Lansing, and please let all your friends know what a great value Lansing East is.
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Just not clean. We were given a room on the first floor 122, that even though it was cleaned with bleach, smelled like wet dog and there appeared to be poop stains on the floor. The assistant manager was trying to be very accomodating and we ended with a room up on the second floor. However, This Red Roof NEEDS the new updating. I think the beds were, but the furniture is old and aweful. We paid about $76 for this room and it wasn't even a game weekend. Also because I am a Red Roof member that price was at a 20% discount with a no cancel rate. Even though I signed a paper, that if anyone smoked in the room it would be a $200 fine, the tub was riddled with previous cigarette burns ( I am not a smoker). Also make sure if you change up rooms that it gets registered in their system.They actually re-rented my room. Had the person not been honest and walked back out to the office immediately upon seeing other luggage, I could have lost some very expensive equipment. I was furious, but nothing was stolen and it ended up ok. We wouldn't have known that happened but my key card didn't work when I got back to the room for the evening. The night girl had no record of it being rented so they locked us out. I wish I could say better on this hotel because it was only 5 minutes away from my destination. The people were great but I won't stay here again until some real upgrading is done. Didn't sleep well either, as there was a lot of partying and argumentative people staying next to us and the walls seemed paper thin. This hotel is purely for the students and workers in the area at this time. If you are just traveling through I can't recommend this hotel at all! Sorry Red Roof. I hope you will get this hotel updated and turned around soon. You did it in Kalamazoo, MI with the stadium hotel. I hope you will pay attention to this one.

Room Tip: This hotel needs to be updated!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you so much for responding on trip advisor, I apologize that we weren't able to accommodate you and make your stay memorable . The staff here at Lansing East works very hard to satisfy our guest and make each guest want to return. I can truly say we our updating all our rooms, for example this year all rooms received new bed,curtain, carpets, and chairs.Fifty rooms were painted and received new bath floors while 38 rooms have updated furniture. We also have done many more updates which I have not mentioned and will continue to do so through the year and into the next. I hope you will give us another chance and stay in the Red Roof family.Again thanks for staying at Lansing East and we look forward to your next visit.
New Buffalo, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here again and had very nice room. newly remodeled and the staff was very helpful thanks again! Convenient to have brown bag breakfast with fruit, muffin and water clean rooms plenty of parking gas station nearby and convenient location right off the highway

Stayed October 2013
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
thanks for your kind words, this staff works really hard to satisfy our guest and keep them coming back for their lodging needs in Lansing. I will share your thoughts with the staff and please come again soon! we love our return guest.
Tipton, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Previously we have been reluctant to stay in a Red Roof facility but after reading reviews we decided to stay here for an overnight after touring the Michigan State campus. We were delighted with the personnel and the room. Clean and with an outside entrance we desire it turned out perfect. The desk clerk recommended a nearby restaurant that was just right and most of all we needed to print credentials to an event we were attending the next day in Chicago and she offered the use of the motel computer in order for us to accomplish this task. So FRIENDLY and accommodating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I agree the location is conveniently near MSU campus and our goal is to have every guest to leave with a smile and return again in the future. Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your stay at Lansing East and we will continue to supply all our guest with a clean, comfortable, and affordable room.

Been to Red Roof Inn Lansing East? Share your experiences!