“Outstanding service by fron t desk employee” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Lansing East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3615 Dunckel Road, Lansing, MI 48910   |
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Lansing
Port Huron, Michigan, United States
“Outstanding service by fron t desk employee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We are parents of a freshman at Michigan Statue University. We selected your hotel because it was close to campus, inexpensive and we could bring our puppy. We plan to come to E. Lansing often to see our daughter and we'll certainly be back! For those reasons, we enjoyed our stay. What was amazing is the interaction and customer service we received from Logan at the front desk. She was personable, pleasant and extremely helpful with issues. The room had an smoke odor and she was right there with spray to remove the odor. You seriously need to do something about your smoke odor in the rooms. The spray helped but it was still very strong. While I wasn't too happy with the A/C operation...all in all...it was a decent stay. It's Logan that deserves a BIG KUDOS for going out of her way to keep the guest happy! Thank you Logan!! See you soon

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Yes I agree Logan is a great employee and does her best to satisfy our guest, as does the entire staff here at Lansing East. We are very pleased that we will see you again in the future and hope you will stay with us each time you come to visit your loved one at MSU, I will share your thoughts with the staff and thank you for staying at Landing East.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New Buffalo, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Very nice rooms with flat screen tv everyone from desk clerk to maids and Dave the manager went out of their way to make sure my stay was great, great location near the highway with quiet rooms. Would definetly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013
Thanks for the kind words I will share them with staff abd we hope you we will see you again in the future, our goal is to please all our guest and an affordable price in a clean room. Again, thanks for your kind words and for staying at Lansing East.
Hillsborough, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Disgusting dirty bathroom. Clearly this room was just spot vacuumed. The toilet never saw a brush before I stayed here tonight. I had to use a handful of toilet paper to wipe out the toilet scum. The so - called "non smoking " policy is a joke. patrons are standing on the outside if their rooms with the doors open smoking away. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I apologize that you did not have a great stay,and some items were missed in your room. We try very hard to provide a clean comfortasble room for all our guest and again I apologize for not meeting your needs. I hope you will give us another try and rthank you for staying at Lansing East.
Fremont, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

From no clerk being at the front desk when I arrived to check in and the door being locked, seeing the clerk come back with towels in tow smoking a cigarette. Room was OBVIUOUSLY a smoking room at one point and smoke smell was terrible! Burn marks by the sink, this smell was not from a guest smoking in the room this was from it being a smoking room at one point. There is NO pool or pool side bar at this hotel. The clerk was complaining about her feet hurting while checking me in. Carpet in the room was dirty could feel the dirt under my feet. Ice machine was totally empty, no coffee maker, fridge or microwave as shown in the photo depicting the rooms here. The best part of this hotel was leaving. Would NOT recommend!!!!!

Room Tip: there is no good room at this Inn
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I am sorry you did not have a great stay, our goal is to satisfy all our customer and provide them with a clean comfortasble room. I hope you will forgive us for not meeting your expectations and will give us another oppurtunity to do so. The pitcure on the web site is of a superior king room and the room you booked was a 2 double bed so they would look different. Thanks again, for you review and thanks for staying at Lasnsing East.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Staff was amazing - everyone I met was friendly and helpful. Bedding was clean and comfortable. Room had a bit of a musty smell, which lessened a bit after air conditioning but was still there. They have some newer rooms, but I had a dog so I assume we probably use the older ones.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
I am so glad that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly, I will share your comments with them and hope we will see you in the near future. We really appreciate your kind words and thank you for staying at Lansing East.
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I checked in and we were in a desperate way. The front desk woman was compassionate and very accommodating yet proffesional. The rooms were very clean and my son is allergic to cigarette smoke, there was no trace of the scent. Housekeeping was available and friendly. The Manager Dave was ever present for whatever problems that came up and also a good man holding high standards for his employees and the property. There were a lot of renovations going on at the time, so I am sure u will not be disappointed in your stay here, whether it be a return visit or first time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
We thank you for responding on tripadvisor and your kind words,and I will share your thoughts with staff and hope you will stay with us again in the future. We thank you for staying at Lansing East and hope to see you again real soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I travel for work and my company uses red roofs when avalible!! This one other than being in a corn field it is nice!!! Front desk was helpful and the cleaning staff (joe) was great!!! Over all a great stay and I recommend it to anyone!!! Less the cornfield!!! Lol!!!

• Stayed July 2013
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for responding on tripadvisor and I am glad we were able to meet your lodging needs and will share your kind words with the staff. We try very hard to provide a clean comfortable room at a reasonable price for all our guest and look forward to the next time you or a member of your company stays at Lansing East.

Been to Red Roof Inn Lansing East? Share your experiences!