“Friendly staff and lowest price in the area” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Lansing East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3615 Dunckel Road, Lansing, MI 48910   |
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Lansing
Mayville, Michigan, United States
“Friendly staff and lowest price in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I first chose this motel due to it being the lowest price in the area to be cost effective for my employer. I now have been coming here ever week for 2 months. The staff is friendly and greet me every week by name. Wonderful suprise for such a busy area. Location is far enough from the busy city yet close for convience. Tim Hortons just a few miles away!!

Room Tip: Top floors best for WiFi
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Jamaica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

this motel is infested with bed bugs manger doesnt seem to care the male desk doesnt seem to care

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Lake Ann, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Both Phillip at the front desk and Mr. Walsh, the general manager were very willing to help when I left my hanging clothes in the room when I departed. It is refreshing to have authentic customer service in the travel industry!

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
plymouth, mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The Red Roof Inn Lansing @ MSU is conveniently located right off the main expressway just south of downtown. There's really nothing nearby - no restaurants or coffee or anything - just the hotel. So the location is good, but the area is a bit desolate if that's a concern.

My room was plenty clean and spacious. It was well appointed as far as towels, soap, etc, but there was no coffe maker, fridge, or anything like that. Just the very basic stuff and nothing too special. The room appeared to be recently painted - in appearance and smell. The wi-fi connected right away and was pretty fast and stable - which can often be a problem in these economy hotels. When I returned to my room late at night during a thunderstorm the dish-network cable was out, and the front desk explained that it was common during storms. 10 minutes later it was back and remained for the duration of my stay.

There isn't really a breakfast bar, but you can go to the lobby to get a coffee and a paper bag with a bottle of water, apple and muffin, so I thought that was a little above-and-beyond for a hotel at this price as well.

So if you are looking for the most inexpensive room you can find around Lansing, if you were a bit scared off by the Super 8 reviews on here, and if you just need a clean, simple no-frills place to crash, I would recommend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I took my chances staying here trying to ignore the bad reviews. Big mistake. I'm almost positive there were bed bugs. And at 3am other hotel guests were partying in the parking lot and no one seemed to mind. The bed was so sunken in, it felt like a fake contour bed! But definitely not comfortable. Only plus was location. Convenient and close to x-pressway.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Lisle, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel every year for about a decade. It's convenient to where I need to go -- I just hop on US-127 south. And, the price is right.

It is an older motel. In a number of ways, it shows its age. For instance, the parking lot desperately needs to be repaved. The bathtubs are dated. But, they’ve been making improvements over the years. This year they put in new heating/air conditioning units. On the old ones, there was a dial for warmer-cooler. But where to set it to be comfortable??? These new units have a digital thermostat and you simply set the temperature you want. As I recall, they are quieter also and the fans don’t run when the heater or air conditioner isn’t working. I assume the owners don’t have unlimited funds, but they are putting money back into their facility.

The staff are very friendly and accommodating. My room was clean and the bed made as I had expected. The in-room refrigerator is convenient and lessens the load on their ice machine. The water was softened, something you don’t frequently find at hotels.

My stay was fine. I’ll be back again next year and looking forward to additional improvements.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

My husband and I where flying out early in the morning for Mexico. Should we stay overnight in Lansing or not? We decided to stay at the Dunckel Rd. Red Roof for convenience. Only an easy 15 minute drive to airport.
The rooms were very spacious and extremely clean. The bed was very comfortable..I slept like a baby. In the morning the office person made sure we had fresh coffee before our trip.
We will definitely stay again and again. We'll also recommend Red Roof Dunckel Rd to any & everyone whom might be in the area, just passing through or want a great place to stay over night at an affordable price, before a Lansing flight.
All I can say is EXTREMELY happy with everything!
Thank You Red Rood East Lansing!!
Andrea Allen
Kalamazoo, MI

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Lansing East? Share your experiences!