“Yum!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Not your typical fried bar goods. Homemade, gourmet food. Whole the price. Beers are great, but the apple pie mead; you MUST try! Also has live music on certain nights.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Detroit, Michigan
“Great Beer, Creative Food, Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Nestled in a converted gas station near downtown is 51 North Brewing--we were greeted like old friends even though it was our first visit and we had a long conversation at the bar about the beer and food even before we sat down--we sampled seven different beers and all were very well done--their menu was diverse with sandwiches, salads, pizza, etc. but they all had a flair and creativity that made them far from ordinary--I can highly recommend their version of the Cuban sandwich. Although I did not try them they also make their own wine and mead so a little something different than other newer brewpubs. If in the area a very worthwhile stop for the beer, or the food, or both.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, Michigan
“A bit disappointed at lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I'm thinking my friend and I should have made this stop for dinner, not lunch. We're not beer drinkers, but wanted to try the menu just the same. We arrived just after they opened, so the place was pretty dead at 12:15pm. Nice decor, extensive beer menu, and decent food menu...but perhaps we need to try a microbrewed beer during dinner next time. I think, happily, this place will be around for quite a while.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Local Brewery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Not your typical bar food. Nothing fried here. I love to have the pita pizza's and the desserts are great. The brownie is $2 and is fudgy goodness. If you are not into beer there are some wines and meads. My only complaint is I like really sweet wine and there is only 1 option for me. I wish they would expand that menu but I guess it is a microbrewery. My husband and I go here every few months he really likes the beer.

Visited February 2014
Lake Orion, Michigan
“Must try microbrewery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Okay... So don't stop here if you're looking for a "fryer" or a "greasy burger". This is just some of the best beer and complimentary food that you'll find in Oakland County. It isn't mainstream... but that is EXACTLY what the brewmaster, Don, is going for. Don't be afraid to ask for a "taste" before ordering... I thought to myself, "Coconut and beer... together?" It was awesome!

• Visited February 2014