We stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Grand Rapids, Michigan from Friday, August 2 - Sunday August 4, 2013.
Unfortunately our experience with this property was negative in that we did not receive the accommodation we had reserved and paid for.
Our online reservation read: "We have reserved for you the following accommodations: Non-Smoking One Bedroom with Two Double Bed Suite."
Upon arrival however, we were given a Non-Smoking One Bedroom with a King Bed. As non-cohabitating adults of the same gender, we did not want to share a King Bed. When we returned to the desk to ask for the two double beds we had reserved, we were told that no room fitting our reservation description was available and that we should use the pullout in the living room as our second bed. This pullout "bed" was in deplorable condition (the mattress thin and worn, the metal frame so crooked that the mattress was on a 25 degree angle). One of us had to sleep with cushions under the frame to hold the "bed" level and with our feet propped up against the entertainment center. Every slight movement or pillow fluff triggered the sound of squeaking springs. We found the difference between a "double bed" and this sofa "bed" to be a good night's sleep.
Upon arrival, the woman at the front desk was very apologetic and referred us to the manager, Mitch Spence, to obtain a partial refund after our stay. Mr. Spence was, however, unwilling to partially refund us for the inconvenience of two sleepless nights on a contraption that in no way resembled a "bed." He maintained in a confusing email reply that as we had "made the reservation online" "room types are subject to change" that the "reservation was fulfilled." He referred us to the "rhetoric" of room descriptions and stated that "corporate" would not permit us a partial refund for not fulfilling our reservation. We respectfully disagree, and would like to warn other travelers to beware that the Staybridge Suite Grand Rapids may not honor the type of accommodation reserved. You'll want to avoid the sofa "bed" at all cost. Pack an air mattress just in case.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Michigan's West Coast! The Staybridge Suites Grand Rapids Airport hotel is only 3 miles from the Gerald R Ford International Airport! We are walking distance to dining, shopping at Woodland Mall & Centerpointe Mall, and entertainment at Celebration Cinema. This Grand Rapids hotel is only 10 minutes from downtown, where you'll find Van Andel Arena and Devos Place convention center. Our hotel is located near the ever beautiful Frederik Meijer Gardens. Staybridge guests enjoy a choice of three suite types: King Studio Suites, King One bedroom Suites, and we also have our 2 bedroom/2 bath Suites. All suites feature fully appointed kitchens, a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, dishes, and dishwasher. A complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet that features freshly-made golden malted waffles. We also provide a complimentary evening Sundowner reception Tuesday-Thursday, which includes different dinners with many of our other guests. Corporate travelers may also enjoy separate living and work areas complete with Free Wireless Internet, direct dial phone numbers, and voice mail. Get Comfortable at Staybridge Suites Grand Rapids Airport hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Staybridge Suites Grand Rapids/Kentwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Grand Rapids/Kentwood Hotel Grand Rapids
- Staybridge Suites Kentwood