“Good food poor business” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 291 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout
Kalamazoo, Michigan, Usa
“Good food poor business”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I planned a dinner for my company and the price that I was quoted did not match the final bill. This place has to many people trying to run the restaurant. They kept sending me back and forth to different people and not even to the one that quoted me the price. That person couldn't be located I would think if I had a big client coming in I would be the one present to make sure everything works out without any problems. The food was great but if your planning a big event go some where else

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Jenison, Michigan
“Good home-cooked food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stopped on a whim because we wanted something to eat that wasn't fast food and we had 4 tired kids that were hungry. We were pleasantly surprised by the interior (an in-house bakery and very nicely decorated). We (the grown-ups) had a hard time deciding what to pick. I ended up with a California club (turkey, bacon, avacado, Havarti, guac) all on homemade bread. 2 of the kids got Chicken Noodle soup with their meals and said it was fabulous. We were very pleased with our meal and were so glad we decided to stop. They don't stay open very late though (only til 8p on most days).

Visited April 2013
“It's all about the bakery!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Nothing compares to a rykes cinnamon roll or one of their pies. Infact I have yet to come across anything from the bakery that isn't to die for.

The other food is average comfort food. Slow service and nothing out of the ordinary on the menu. If your going to eat do breakfast. That's hard to mess up.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Best Baked Goods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Great meals to go- perfect for giving to new mothers or for quick weeknight meals. Baked goods are out of this world! Try the peanut butter brownie! Cozy, relaxed atmosphere- crowd tends to be older.

Visited January 2012
Michigan
“LOVE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I love Rykse's and go there all the time! We live about 30 min away but I go to WMU so when I get the chance I stop in and get their dinner on the run or a loaf of their bread. We also eat there sometimes. I'd recommend the hot roast beef sandwich, the grilled cheese sandwich (for adults w/ the tomato and onion), the hot chicken salad. This is well prepared comfort food in a family environment. Bring extra money to take stuff home from the bakery.

• Visited July 2012