“Wonderful Hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Cairo, Egypt
“Wonderful Hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

The room was spacious and clean with a lot of electricity outlets. The bed was comfortable with 5 comfy pillows. Only drawback was that there was no mini-fridge in the room. The breakfast buffet was good, with plenty to choose from and the wireless internet was fast. They had cookies and oatmeal bars everyday at the front desk - the sugar cinnamon cookies were my favorite but the reason I would be coming back to the Fairfield Inn West if I'm ever in Kalamazoo is Geri. Geri manned the front desk every evening and made us feel like family. She welcomed us in every night, made sure we didn't need anything, asked about our day, she did all the little things that mattered. Thanks Geri for the great welcome :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Alexis B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hello Noha E,

Thank you so much for sharing with TripAdvisor your experience at our hotel. I will be sure to pass your words of praise onto Geri.

I am glad you found your room to be both comfortable and functional, and you were able to enjoy our fresh baked cookies. While our rooms don't have refrigerators in every room we do have a few available on request. During your next stay please let us know and we will be happy to place that in your room before arrival.

We are honored to be considered family and we hope to see you home soon!

-Alexis Bosler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Whitefish, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The Marriott Fairfield Inn West of Kalamazoo is a convenient overnight stay point before heading to Chicago (it's less than 2 hours from downtown Chicago). It is located just off Exit 72 of I-94. It is a typical solid Marriott property, nice room appointments, comfortable bed (and great pillows btw) and an excellent full breakfast with choices that should satisfy just about any traveler.

Hello MontanaMike2013,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. I see you have traveled quite a bit and I am happy to hear you found your accommodations here at our hotel to meet your needs.

We frequently see a lot of guests stopping through on their way to Chicago, we like to be your resting point on your journey. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you on your next trip!

stillwater
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Geri, the front desk person was so nice, friendly and by far the best front desk person I have come across! Give her a raise. Just a joy to talk with. Thanks Geri! Train all front desk people to engage with customers like her and you will win customers back every time!

• Stayed January 2014
Alexis B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hello jheroff,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! From the time you walk in our front door to the time you walk back out we want you to feel special, and you are because you are our guest.

Geri takes her job of being there for our guests to heart, as do we all here at Fairfield. I am so glad you had time to interact with her during your stay.

You are exactly right about this being a key reason on why guests will return to our hotel, we certainly hope to be your first choice when you come back to Kalamazoo!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I enjoyed a fantastic stay at this hotel - it far exceeded expectations. Great room, modern feel, terrific breakfast buffet, great room with jetted tub.

Geri made us feel like royalty. Will definitely stay again when in Kalamazoo.

Hello EGH1969,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at Fairfield Inn West. I am glad to hear you found both your room and our amenities met your needs. Each member of our staff takes pride in making sure everything is perfect for our guests.

I am glad Geri made you feel like royalty during your stay. We are here to serve our guests and exceed any and all expectations.

We hope to see you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My stay at Fairfield was my first business trip in Kalamazoo and Geri made it feel like I was at home! She was very welcoming, offered her assistance with ANYthing I needed and made me fresh cookies :) I look forward to future travel to this area to have the opportunity to see Geri again and stay at Fairfield Inn!

Hello Melissa W,

We appreciate you sharing your experience from your recent stay with us. Our cookies we have during the week are truly amazing and I am glad that Geri made you a batch so you would not miss that crucial experience here at our hotel.

We look forward to your next stay with us! Thank you again for your kind words.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

facility is really good. well maintained. better than many fairfield inns. staff is very nice and friendly. they helped me lot when my car stuck in snow. early checkins late checkouts no issues. as a life time platinum member i am very impressed with this fairfield inn.

Room Tip: snowing hard and looking for a stop on i94.. this is the place to be..
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Alexis B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hello Foo L,

Thank you so much for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor! Traveling this time of year in Michigan can be very stressful, I am happy to hear my staff was quick to respond in your time of need. We want to make your travels stress free. As a Platinum member who travels at lot your words of praise mean the world to us.

Thank you again and we are glad you made it home safe.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

My experience at Fairfield was positive from the start. After a long day of farm visits, I received a warm welcome at the front desk by Geri. Not only was my room extremely clean and easy to make myself at warm, but Geri went above and beyond to make sure my barn clothes were clean and ready for my next set of visits early tomorrow morning. It was more than I could have expected and really allowed me to have a relaxing evening. A great place to stay!

Hello Elizabeth F,

Thank you so much for taking time out of visiting farms to give us a review. I am so pleased to hear that Geri was the most hospitable host during your stay. We want our guests to feel welcome and start their days on the right foot.

We hope to see you again when you travel back to Kalamazoo!

-Alexis Bosler

Been to Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West? Share your experiences!