We had high hopes for this hotel as it was the first on our trip to the east. Our initial impression of the hotel was a 10 minute wait at the front desk while no one was present. There was a sign that said they were helping another guest, so I am not sure where the lady was. When she did show up, she was helpful and kind.
The new king bed rooms were nice, but whoever laid out the floor plan must never stay at a hotel. The large couch is placed on the same side of the room as the television. I ended up sitting in the office chair, but considered moving the couch all night. The couch is a pull out, but unfortunately they failed to provide bedding. I went down to the front desk to get some bedding, and that was an interesting adventure. There was a kid and some lady in the lobby right in front of the front desk that had some interesting issues. He was telling this lady that he was going to call the cops cause his mom was tripping on something. The lady at the front desk was talking with two other folks, but immediately said "How can I help you?" to me. I got my bedding and hauled out of there.
Talking about the rest of the stay. The bathroom is very darkly lit, but was clean. The room and bed were very nice. The pool was cold and they must have taken out the hot tub. There is an area for it, but no hot tub. The pool was quite cold.
I really was unimpressed with the hotel. There were a number of nice things. The placement near I94 was great and easy to access. The new improvements were nice. The lady at the front desk (when I could find her) was helpful. Everything seemed clean. Our stay was fine, but nothing to write home about.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West Hotel
- Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West Hotel Kalamazoo
- Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo
- Fairfield Kalamazoo
- Kalamazoo Fairfield Inn
- Kalamazoo Fairfield
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully updated property that will lighten your day and put a smile on your face :-) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.