“great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 31 hotels in Kalamazoo
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

service was outstanding. Everyone was very accommodating. I would say they went above and beyond. I came with an entire ice skating club and they really went out of their way for us. I would highly recommend for families

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I thought it was not what we expected. The pool and Hot tub was very dirty. Didn't have a good time. At quite time there was more children playing the games so the adults couldn't.
We had breakfast at the rest. and my eggs were green. Very unhappy!!!

Room Tip: Clean clean pool and hot tub. Check the pool water before you let your family and friends go in it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Diane S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience the overall cleanliness of our pool and breakfast choices may have caused you. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. we appreciate your bringing this matter to our attention as this is our best resource in improving guests satisfaction.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and thank you very much for your patronage.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here with our skating team, and had an excellent experience. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The service was really fantastic. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate us...even creating a last minute dinner for more than 60 people! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Kalamazoo area.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here with four other collegues for two nights. My room was exceptionally clean, neat, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've had in a hotel. The staff was always helpful and courteious. The Wine and Cheese tasting was a lot of fun and great idea they have.

The included breakfast each morning was simply delicious. The selection was good and food came hot and fresh. I need my morning coffee, and theirs was just great. I did't get the use the pool, but I liked to decor around it, and it was a nice, roomy pool, not the bathtub sized pools some place have. It has nice dresing room/lockers right next to it which are a convenient plus in my book!

Room Tip: Try to keep a bit a distance from the elevator, vending areas.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Very comfortable stay. Execllent location just off the highway.
Had a chance to use both the pool and the hot tub.
Clean room with all the amenities at a reasonable price.
Reconized me as a priority club member, and was able to claim extra points.
Room was very close to the elevator but was very quiet.
The heating system worked very well and was very quiet. Booked in advance to take advantage of a dscounted price which was a great value. Usually visite relatives in Kalamazoo once a year and will definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jdonaldson2747, Manager at Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn West in Kalamazoo, MI. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so glad that you were able to receive some extra perks for being a Priority Club member. Thank you for choosing to stay with us during the holidays and spend that time with us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

For the price range, i would say that this hotel is unfortunately below our expectations.
The staff is nice and efficient, the hotel is clean, but the room is mediocre.
The bathroom is undersized, there is not even a microwave or a fridge in the room.
Considering that every restaurant around is closed at 9 or 10pm (except MacDonald and co), don't expect to reheat anything in your room...
Be also prepared to have a blind room !
Through the windows of our room, we had a wonderfull view of the indoor pool and corridors.
Hopefully, no kids playing on that day...
The hotel is located in a nice and quiet area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Axel-Severine,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am pleased you found our hotel clean and our staff commendable. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received and regret we did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Holiday Inn Kalamazoo West has to be the cleanest Holiday Inn in North America. The Executive King room is spacious, well appointed and everything worked properly. A small gift bag at the front desk started me off, my room was ready ahead of time. The hotel's free WiFi access worked flawlessly while I was there - no dropouts, no re-login requirements - it just worked and speed was good (which means I can get off the computer faster). The restaurant is passable - a typical mid-western sort of '70s booth & table throwback, with heavy wood and brass and vinyl upholstered seating, that was built so well it just won't wear out (except for some of the vinyl seating that is). Anyway, ignore the decor because the food is fresh and the breakfast buffet has lots of selections. The front desk staff is cheerful, professional and well-informed.

Room Tip: My main floor room (#132) at the end of the hall was very, very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
jdonaldson2747, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn West in Kalamazoo Michigan. We are so pleased to hear about your pleasant experience. I will be sure to pass along your great comments to our housekeeping staff about the cleanliness of your room. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in town.

Been to Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West? Share your experiences!