“The rooms are what you would expect for the price. There...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Kalamazoo

You added Super 8 Kalamazoo to your Saves list
Super 8 Kalamazoo
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   618 Maple Hill Drive, Off US 131 Exit 38A, Kalamazoo, MI 49009-1032   |
Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Newaygo, Michigan
“The rooms are what you would expect for the price. There...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The rooms are what you would expect for the price. There was allways people sitting around the office that did not work there. I would not allow my wife to stay here alone!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

First the ladies I dealt with were more than kind and took very good care of me. Second I slept VERY well which is rare for me when I am not in my own bed. Excellent place and I would use it again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reva P, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Kalamazoo, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Thank you for your review, its pleasent to hear that you had such a great stay with us hope to you see you soon Sincerely Super 8
GR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

Last night business ran late (10 pm) and I booked a motel room to get a shower and sleep for an early start (6 am). The fact that the key didn't work the first attempt to enter the room should have been a clue to me.

Felt a creepy crawly on me in the night and swatted it. Two hours later I awoke to my alarm and found a dead bed bug in the sack with me.

I left to check out and told the desk clerk/manager that there are bed bugs in the room. He asked if I had any pictures. I produced the camera and images captured. His response "Oh, Sorry. would you like a receipt?"

Sure I would like to memorialize my stupidity and impetuous decision to stay here. Now I need to boil my laundry. THANKS SUPER 8.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review, I am sending you our deepiest apology we have took action in this matter and hopfully you may want to give us another chance . Once again I hope that maybe in the future you could give us another chance. Sincerely Super 8
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

I wouldn't vacation here, but have stayed here several times when visiting my son at WMU. It is always one of the least expensive places in town and you get what you pay for.

The people that work here are usually alone and a bit questionable. For example,after waking the front desk clerk off the floor, he sent us all the way down the hall to find the elevator to the 3rd floor. When we couldn't find it we returned and he explained he forgot the hotel didn't have an elevator.

It has the basics you need in room and decent mattresses. Breakfast in the very small lobby includes waffles.

Room Tip: 1st floor is below ground level, 3rd floor is all steps. I'd recommend 2nd floor, but I think t...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review , I'm deeply sorry for the inconveience of your stay we are taking action ni this matter in hopes we regain you as guest in the near future . Sincerely Super 8

Been to Super 8 Kalamazoo? Share your experiences!