“Very Pleasant Stay , Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Kalamazoo

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Kalamazoo to your Saves list
Super 8 Kalamazoo
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   618 Maple Hill Drive, Off US 131 Exit 38A, Kalamazoo, MI 49009-1032   |
Ranked #26 of 31 hotels in Kalamazoo
Detroit, Michigan
“Very Pleasant Stay , Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I stayed at Super 8 in Kalamazoo last month and it was wonderful experience. The hotel staff was very friendly and attentive. The always greeted us with a smile and a very warm hello or goodbye. Coffee and tea were always available. The lobby was small but neat and clean. The breakfast area could be more spacious. But overall we really enjoyed our stay. The location of this hotel is excellent with lots of restaurants and bars within a walking distance. Our room was very clean and I was really impressed with 46 inch flat TV. I enjoyed watching the sports. Entire staff was very helpful and even our room attendant was exceptionally pleasant.
The Wi-Fi was excellent and We really enjoyed the breakfast in the morning.
We plan to return to Kalamazoo and plan to use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've stayed at my share of questionable, cheap motels, but I would never stay here again. There were stained on bedspread, fan in bathroom was hanging off the ceiling and didn't work, the alarm clock was smashed, holes in walls, sticky bathroom floors, and a stale smoke smell, jus to name a few. The breakfast consisted of waffles, cereal, coffee, tea, and juice. I was afraid someone was going to steal my car and had difficulty sleeping for worry. Shower was good and bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Pay more to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Caro, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I made this hotel reservation when we got to the hotel it was SMALL. I reserved a roll in shower. They don't have one. The room while "pretty" was VERY Small.. And stunk like cigarettes while we didn't stay and did get a refund. I would not recommend for a handicapped person at this time.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room was disgusting. We checked in after 2 1/2 month reservation. My room had no phone, clock, battery in smoke alarm chirping, hole in wall, no pillows and stains (not just one) on bedspread. Smelled like smoke. I had even called letting them know we were coming in a little late and they responded they were there 24/7. My friend's room was the same, stained bedspreads, plaster falling in the bathroom, smelly room, no lock on her door, hole in wall. We chose to not stay there. No other rooms available. The poor kid at the desk was overwhelmed as another person came asking to towels as there were none in his room. He called and found two rooms at the Microtel for us which was appreciated since there was an event in town and most motels/hotels were booked solid. Needless to say...I took a shower at the other hotel after being in the room there. Very disappointing as we have stayed in many Super 8's and honestly, this is probably the WORST motel/hotel I've ever stayed in. Clean it up people!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Elkhart, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I'll never stay at a Super 8 again. Smell, dirt and broken. Had to take a shower after sleeping as we felt dirty. went out for breakfast for something which might be safe

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Green Bay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Let me start this by saying, everything in this review applies to room 121 and no other part of the building. We made last minute plans to go to MIS for the weekend, so this was a last minute booking. I'm pretty sure I got the last room in the hotel. We were happy that we got a 1st floor room so we didn't have to haul everything up to another level. On first glance, the room was newly updated and included a fridge, freshly painted walls and new art on the wall. We left and went for dinner so we weren't there long. At that point all I can say is there was an overwhelming smell of smoke in the room. When we got back, we found the fridge was turned to the highest temp, so we lowered it and put leftovers and beverages in there and proceeded to get ready for bed. When I pulled down the sheets...they were spotted and appeared dirty. My husband went to the front desk to get new sheets and the person at the desk struggled to find us new clean sheets. After digging, we finally had clean sheets and settled in. My husband shut off the light switch and the cable box shut off and static was on the tv...seriously, who connects the cable box to a switch?!?

The next morning after I showered, I went to use the dryer and guess what...it didn't work. At the same time, my husband went to get a drink out of the fridge and it was warm. 0 for 2 on appliances in the room! We were leaving early to get to the track and didn't have time to go to the front desk. (PS the bed was very comfy and the AC worked spectacularly!!)

It was a comedy of errors with this stay, but what saves this from having the worst rating is that when I talked to management when I checked out, they apologized, took a list of what was wrong and gave us a credit.

Why am I writing this review? I'm hoping someone out there stays in room 121 after me and can provide a review on the room that says it was a great stay and that everything worked. Will it be you? :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Kalamazoo? Share your experiences!